Chapter 6

Sam and Granger entered the room as Callen went down.

Sam shot at Kort who fell back with a bullet wound to the shoulder, three other men came out of a back room and started firing, and the two largest people grabbed Callen by the feet and tried dragging him away to the back room.

Deeks knocked Kensi and Dan to the floor putting him between them and the bullets.

"Stay down!" he said, and winced as a bullet hit him in the shoulder.

"Deeks!" Kensi called worried.

"I'm fine, stay down." He reiterated.

"No you don't!" Sam yelled shooting the men who were trying to take Callen away.

The third man tried to get Kort but he was shot in the head by a stray bullet and Granger shot the third man. As soon as the shooting stopped, Sam called Eric; "We need an ambulance!" he said and looked down at Callen. "G…G!...Come on man wake up." He said looking worriedly over at Kensi and Deeks to make sure that they were ok.

"Untie me." Daniel said, "I need to make sure G is alright…please." He said.

Sam nodded and moved to cut his and the others bonds, "Can you help him?" Sam asked worriedly as Daniel stood up.

Callen's eyes shot open and he sat staring into space.

"G?" Sam said and the turned to look at him.

"Damn." Daniel cursed, "I need my tablet, and it's in my bag."

Deeks ran over and fished it out, "What's wrong with him?" he asked.

"He needs a system restore," Daniel said not looking at the man, "There is also a first aid kit in there," he turned and looked at Deeks, "G can wait for a few minutes, but you're bleeding, let me help."

"Callen can wait? he's like a Zombie, sitting up catatonic!" Deeks exclaimed, "What the heck is wrong with him?"

"Kort's injected him with a virus; he's probably just shut down his external stimulus to fight it." Daniel said opening a gauze pad and placing it on Deeks' wound.

Sam stepped over Kort's body, he smiled grimly at the fact that he and the other four men were dead; Kensi went over to them and checked their ID, "They're Russians." She said looking at a driver's license.

She took their pictures and names from their IDs, sent them to Eric for processing, and stood up as the paramedics turned up.

Granger secured the scene with Kensi and arranged for Deeks to head to the hospital as a medic walked over to Callen. "Is he hurt?" the medic asked putting his bag down.

The medic flashed a light in his eyes and Callen flinched and moved away.

"Don't…" Daniel warned, "Like this he's autistic, the light will set him off." He said moving between them, "I'm his personal doctor, I'll be dealing with him, I will need a room to treat him and he'll need a recovery room,"

The medic nodded, living in Los Angeles many people had private doctors, "Which hospital?" he asked.

"Cedar Sinai, Tell them it's Dr. Hurst's priority patient, they'll clear the way for us."

The medic moved to do as he was asked.

Callen moved just once during the whole exchange to grab Sam's hand as he went to steady his friend, but he did not let go.

"G?" Sam said crouching down near him, "Can you hear me?"

Callen didn't move but a tear escaped and ran down his face.