Chapter 12

Callen lay alone for what seemed like an eternity. No one came; to be honest he wasn't expecting anyone.

The nurse who had told him about Jessie came back in, "I have your bag for you, it was left at the front desk by a Ms Blye, she said you'd need it later." She smiled, "She's pretty…Is she your girlfriend."

"No?" Callen replied confused.

"Oh, your sister then?" Nancy asked with a grin.

"No…I…I don't have any family…" Callen turned away.

"Really?" Nancy looked confused.

Callen turned away from her, he knew he was alone and did not need her to rub it in.

Nancy shrugged and left, for a person that was in his mind alone he sure had many people stopping by her nurse's station to ask how he was. Unfortunately, his private doctor had ordered no visitors until he had finished looking at the results of his tests wanting his patient to rest.

She walked outside nodding to Sam who glared at her, but then smiled. He was still mad that she would not let him in, but the doctor had given strict instructions that Callen was not to be disturbed and needed to rest.

Sam, for the life of him, couldn't figure out how come he couldn't sit inside the room and allow Callen to rest any more than he could, sitting out here, but Hetty had told him to follow the doctor's orders and allow Callen to rest and come round naturally.

Daniel had seen Dr. Morales, had gone over Callen's echocardiogram, and had concluded that he was a lucky man. He had asked Dr. Morales to go and see Callen to go over the results with him and that he would be there soon, he wanted to see how Emma and Jessie were doing.

Jessie had been stabilized and there was now no imminent danger of her delivering her son early; however, she was upset that she had made a friend a younger woman with the same name who had died whilst delivering her son early. However, Emma had decided to stay with her, her concussion being a lot better than it had been when she had been admitted and the hospital staff thought it would aid both women in their recovery.

Callen poured himself a glass of water and took a sip as the door opened.

He looked up hoping to see Daniel, but noted it was another doctor. Callen looked at his face and dropped the glass he was holding. "I…I know you?" he said moving away from the man.

"Yes Agent Callen, I am Dr. Morales. Dr. Hurst asked me to consult on your case…I want to talk to you about the echocardiogram I gave you last night." He said pulling a chair over to the bed and sitting down.

"Where is Dr. Hurst?" Callen asked not wanting to hear the answer.

"He's with his family at the moment; he will be up to see you later on." He said reaching for Callen's chart and jumping as Callen moved back from him.

"How do I know you're who you say you are…I…you…you hurt me…I don't know how…but I don't even know where I am?"

"You're in Cedars-Sinai, I told you before." Dr Morales said.

"I don't believe you, I'm in Russia I know it…I…" Callen stopped as the door opened.

"G?" Sam said poking his head around the door, "Are you ok?"

"Sam?" Callen looked shocked to see him here.

"Yeah, you're fine we got you back, you're safe in the US."

"But…?" Callen looked confused.

"You had problems, you were in the hold of a plane heading to Russia, we got you back, but your heart was off and you had hypothermia, they've been working to get you back to full strength since we got you back."