Chapter 9

Stannislav laughed as he realized he had won. He looked at the woman who was unconscious in her chair as one of his men walked up.

"The van has arrived." He said.

Stan nodded. "Take the package down and get it sent to LAX, it is going to Moscow by air freight." He said and stepped aside as they took the crate with Callen's body in it down to the van.

"Boss?" The man in the van asked, "Won't he die if he's in the hold of an airplane? It's gonna get pretty cold on the flight to Moscow in the hold of a jet." He told him.

Stannislav laughed. "They want what's in his head, I don't think they care if he's alive or not." He said and shut the door to the van as it drove off.

He turned and walked back into the building.

Granger and Nell caught up with Sam and Jessie as they had left the building, Granger had wanted Sam to stay with Nell, to stake out the building but Jessie doubled up in pain, "What's wrong?" Sam asked.

"I think I'm having contractions," Jessie was worried, if she had her son now he'd be viable but far too early.

Sam remembered he had promised to keep her safe, "I'm taking you to the hospital." He said.

"I'll take her Hanna; you go in with Jones and clear the building." He said as a dark brown UPS van passed him, a wheel bumping into a pothole and spraying Granger with dirty water. "What!"

Sam suppressed a smile and turned his attention back to Jessie. "Come on, we'll take my car, Granger, Callen and Emma are still in there, you get them out, let G know I'm taking good care of his sister."

He turned and headed back to the car with Jessie clinging onto his arm.

Nell and Granger entered the building Granger taking point and heading up to the room where they heard voices.

"The package is on its way to you, I am clearing up here and then I'll get back to you." Stan put his phone in his pocket and headed to where Emma was slowly coming around in her chair.

"G?" she called weakly.

"He left, he doesn't care what happens to you, and he said I could do as I wanted with you, he didn't care." Stan snarled.

"You're lying, he wouldn't leave me!" Emma said looking around.

"Do you see him?" Stan laughed, "No, because he left, he's had enough of you all playing with his life and he just ran out without looking back at you."

Emma looked down sadly, she didn't want to believe it, but running was something that Callen did well, also she had betrayed him, by not telling him about the chip in the first place. She had failed him.

"I'm sorry," She sobbed softly as Stan walked out of the room smiling.

Stan's smile was soon wiped off his face as he turned the corner to find a small redhead holding a gun, "Federal Agent, throw down your weapons." Nell said.

Stan knew he was dead if he made a move, and it didn't really matter anyway, the prize was on its way out of the country and his father would soon be freed.

"Fine," Stan threw his guns to the floor having looked further down the corridor to find the only other person left in the building had been subdued as well.

Nell cuffed him and looked up at Granger, "That's all of them, where's G and Emma?" she asked.

"No sign yet." Granger said and walked past her into the room that Stannislav had just walked out of.