4

"Which class is the loudest class?" The principal shouts through the microphone. "Is it the freshman, sophomores, juniors, or seniors." He points to each and every class as he says them.

Each class stands up and cheer as loud as they can to win the spirit stick. I stand and shout also. This is the only time the principal will recognize any other team, besides the football team. He finally does something great for this school.

"All right, who is ready to see the cheerleaders perform?'

Everyone starts to scream. I clap, as they walk out getting into their position. I can see Malaysia in the front, with her head down. The music starts and the crowd gets hype. The cheerleaders do their thing. Bouncing it, and throwing themselves in the air, doing a toe touch.

Malaysia is really doing her thing, I guess that's why she's the captain. The way she's moving her body. She's not trying as hard as the other girls and is still doing her thing. They lift her up so high, then she lifts up one leg.

I wonder if she'd spread them that wide for me.

I look over to Johnson who is just sitting their nodding his head to the music, watching Malaysia's every move, with a serious ass face.

"Ohh sh*t this is my jam." This girl next to me says while starting to bend over.

"Damn." I watch her ass bounce. "You should of tried out for the team." I look her up and down.

"Hell no. I would've fought half of those bitches everyday." She points to the cheerleaders. "Malaysia is the only one I'm cool with, but the others, works my damn nerves."

"That's exactly how I feel about the football players. Ryan is like the only one I get along with"

She laughs. "I know. You almost knocked Johnson's ass out. Good job. I fucking hate his ass."

I like this girl. Her and I can be cool. Why haven't I met her in the beginning? "I'm Drake." I introduce myself.

"I'm Natasha, but you can call me Tasha." She smiles. I hope she doesn't get the wrong idea.

"Nice to meet you Natasha." I wink.

She giggles. "Nice to meet you too. I should let you know that I have a boyfriend, so all that winking stuff got to go."

I laugh. "My bad."

"It's cool. I can't stand his guts right now, which is why I'm not by him, but he sure is going to get on my case later for talking to you."

"Yikes." I move away from her. Her and I both laugh. I would ask her why she hates her boyfriend, but I just met her. I don't expect her to tell me right away.

"How about them cheerleaders." The principal says, while people cheer. I missed the rest of their performance because I was too busy talking to Natasha.

The pep rally continues. Several games are played and the cheer off happened, which us seniors won, giving us the spirit stick. We Nae Nae on the court as we get the spirit stick into our hands.

**

After the whole pep rally, we make our way back to second period, all hyped up. Paint on faces and the color our grade level are supposed to wear. A couple of my pals walks up to me, cheering up. "Drake bro. Wassup?"

"The sky." I pull out my phone. "What up with you?"

"I came to warn you that I heard Johnson plotting something. I heard a couple of 'em talking about it earlier and being yo' friend, I decided to tell you."

I stop walking. "Why couldn't Ryan tell me this?" I ask. He's supposed to be my best friend, so he should be the one telling me this shit.

"Ryan is your friend, so they won't let him in on shit. They don't even like passing him the ball, just because he's your friend."