6

"Where are we going?" Paige keeps saying from the backseat. "We've been driving for a while now Des."

"To the fair. Calm down princess. Only five minutes away."

"Why couldn't I sit in the front. I always sit in the front."

"Why am I here?" I ask.

"To keep Paige company and you can sit in the front when we're coming back from the fair."

"No thanks." Paige looks at Desmond girlfriend. "It's the thot's chair now. I don't want any cooties.

"Paige stop." Desmond commands. "Sit back and be quiet for the rest of the ride."

"Hmph." Paige sits back with her arms folded.

"No it's ok." Desmond girl speaks. "She's still trying to get to this." She looks at Paige and gives her a fake smile.

"Yeah. I trying to get used to why my brother is dating a hoe, but lectures me on not to be like one."

"Damn." I say under my breath. To be honest, I'm not really feeling this chick either. She doesn't fit Desmond wants in a girl. I liked his ex instead. She was pretty, sweet and fitted his wants.

They broke up because of the chick in front of me. I haven't seen her in a while, but I know she's still around, trying to avoid Desmond or anyone close to him.

"Paige shut up." Desmond commands. "I'm not going to tell you that again."

"I'm telling mommy and daddy on you." She sticks out her tongue.

Desmond parks and we all get out. Paige walks over to my side. "Let's go on the Merry Go Round!" She says happily as if something didn't happen 30 seconds ago.

"You paying for all of the tickets right?" I look at Desmond. "Since you inviting people to not make munchkin the third wheel."

"I gave her money." He points. "She's loading."

"All right." Paige and I start to walk away. I can tell that she's still upset, but doesn't want to show it.

"I really dislike her." She says.

"I can tell."

"She's irks my nerves and it kills me that Desmond keeps taking her side."

I nod.

"At our next BBQ, I'm inviting Ary."

"That's not a bad idea, but how will you do that?"

"Her and I still talk from here and there."

---

Several rides later, Paige wanted to only have lunch with her and I. She is really mad at Desmond. Me, on the other hand, don't give a care because I'm too hungry.

A burger, fries, churro, and soft drink are laying right in front of me, calling my name.

"So how is the project going with Malaysia?"

"How'd you know?"

"The walls have ears."

"It's going good... I guess. We were on Skype last night, but it was cut short. I think it was because of something I said about her and Johnson."

Paige rolls her eyes. "She needs to leave him. I expect something so much better from her."

I nod in understanding and continue to dig in. After swallowing, I speak. "You act as if you know her really good."

"I'm starting to. She sits with me at lunch and we have conversations. Some I promised to keep to myself, but I did warn her that I won't hold one specific one for long."

"Are they about me?"

"Not really, but she has asked some questions about you."

"I hope you didn't tell her any of my business. She's Johnson's girl and I don't trust her."

Paige rolls her eyes. "She's not that type of person, Drake. Trust me." He takes a bite of her nachos.

"Let me get a bite."

"Only if you give me a bite of your churro."

"Deal." I hand her my churro and she hands me her nachos. We're some fat asses right now.

**

"See you another time." Desmond says to his girl. They're about to kiss, but Paige cleans her throat loud enough for Desmond to look at her and nod his head.

"See you later." His girlfriend says, while exiting the car, not getting a kiss.

"What a day." Paige says while looking outside the window. "What.......a.......day."

"Don't go falling asleep now. We have some talking to do." Desmond says. "Come take the front seat."

"Oh so now I get the front seat. No. I don't want to. I am not your friend." She whines.

Desmond sighs. "Females are a handful. It must be the time of the month."

"It's time for me to get some pus...-" I look at Paige then stop myself. "Can you drop me at this chick house?"

"No. Go get some sleep. You'll get what you need tomorrow."

"I'm in need right now."

"You'll just have to pleasure yourself to some videos tonight. Sorry cuz."

"F*ck."

--