The 16th of December, Saturday

Emma just arrived at Taylor's. Emma is sitting on a desk chair and Taylor is sitting on her bed. They drink tea Daniel have made for them.

"How did you meet the girls you talk to at school?" Emma asks and takes a sip, it burns on her tongue.

"They are friends with Daniel so I met them here at a party" she explains.

"Oh, cool" a slightly awkward silence arises between them. Taylor's heart is beating fast; she really needs to talk to Emma about something. She coughs and Emma looks over at her.

"Um, actually, about the girls..." Emma nods not sure what Taylor is trying to tell her. "one of them, her name is Christel" Emma compliments the name "yeah, she kissed me at the party here" Emma looks confused and asks how it happened. "well... we were playing Truth or Dare and she just kind of stared at me and gave closer... her lips were..." Taylor chokes "I really enjoyed it! Is that weird? Like I know it's not weird to be gay – of course. But is it weird if I'm gay?"

"No, of course not, Taylor." Emma answers without any hesitation. "can I ask you something though?" she continues and Taylor nods "Have you felt something when kissing a boy?" She asks not sure if she actually has kissed a boy.

"No, and that really upset me. I kissed Matthew from school at the party where you met Kobe, and I felt nothing; it was my first kiss and it was the most disappointing thing ever. His lips just rubbed against mine like your hands when your cold." She groans with a disgusted facial expression.

"You are the coolest person I know!" Emma says through laughs and gets up from the chair and hugs Taylor. They fall back on the bed and chuckles.

"I'M LEAVING, TAY! SEE YOU!" Daniel shouts from downstairs, he is going out to buy Christmas presents for her. "SEE YOU!"

"Do you want to head downstairs and make some lunch?" Taylor asks and Emma laughs again; she always thinks of food.

On their way downstairs Emma asks if she likes Christel or if it was just a kiss.

"Well, when I was at her place last Thursday at a girl's night, she was like flirting with me, I think, and I find her really attractive, like she looks like a model and she is the kindest and most charming person I have ever met" she explains without any breaks to breathe.

"So you do like her!" Emma laughs and tickles Taylor. They are both so relieved to finally talk on a deeper level like they use to do all the time.

Tyler and Lucas have been lying in bed all day. The clock is 7 pm and they are eating take away while watching a movie. Lucas feels calm lying next to Tyler but something feels wrong; he wants Tyler to know, what is wrong with him; why he is taking medicine and crying at night.

Tyler chuckles at a scene in the movie and looks down worried at Lucas who is just staring at the screen.

"Are you okay?" he asks and kisses him hair. Lucas looks up at him, his mind is debating like crazy if now is the right time.

"I want to show you something, Ty" he finally answers after several seconds of silence. He gets up from the bed. Tyler sits up and closes his laptop. Lucas looks through his drawer and removes some clothes to find what he is looking for.

"Um, I don't know where to start really," he sighs and gets out a photo album. He walks back to his bed and sits down in front of Tyler.

"My parents and I" he starts and takes a deep breath, Tyler grabs his hand, he can tell that it is hard for Lucas to talk about.

"My parents and I were in a car accident four months ago" tears suddenly stream down Lucas's cheeks and Tyler is in shook. "They didn't survive." Tyler moves closer and puts his arms around him, shivers run down his back and he starts crying as well. "I am so sorry to hear that." He whispers not sure what else to do, he can't believe what he is hearing.

"I miss them every day, only when I'm talking to you I can let go of the pain for a bit" Lucas whispers back, his vision is blurred with tears. They hold on to each other like they could lose each other any second -because they can.

After sitting in silence for a long time Lucas pulls away and picks up his photo album. Tyler dries Lucas's eyes and kisses him on his forehead. Lucas grabs his chin and kisses him on the lips. They both smile on the still wet faces and look inside the album. Lucas points and explains what the stories behind the photos are. Tyler glances down at the photos but quickly moves his eyes back to Lucas who sits fully starring at the small details. "Look at my mom on this one" he points and lets his finger run over the picture. "She was beautiful" Tyler comments which make Lucas smile with watery eyes. He looks up at him. "She would have loved you, they both would" Tyler kisses him and they lay down on the bed in each other's arms. "If you ever feel like talking about anything, you tell me, okay?" Tyler says and Lucas nods. The sentence reminds Tyler of his dad's words, he feels guilty; they deserve better.

Thanks for reading! Don't forget to vote and comment ;)

Love, Caroline <3