Chapter 5

(Sorry guys this is kind of a filler chapter while I figure out a plan for a consistent plot line. hope my writing isn't too horrendous =w=" also this video above is what Laf is talking about)

Herc POV

Laf and I have been hanging out for about three weeks now, and things have been great. I introduced him to John and Alex and the four of us have been inseparable. We always hang out at lunch and free period, and sometimes on the weekends. He has become the perfect addition to our squad.

Still, I can't deny the fact this friendly fighting Frenchman has most certainly caught my eye. His frame, his hair, his accent.. his eyes. God, those eyes. He didn't even know how much those chocolate orbs light up my world. His voice was more than enough to make my heart melt. His hair-- how I wanted to run my hands through it. I can't tell you enough how many times I've fantasized about wrapping my arms around his waist, to hold him dearly, to kiss to soft looking lips, and to have the right-- more so the honor-- of calling him mine. At first I had tried to repress these feelings; thinking of them as 'just an admiration', or denying I even felt feelings like that for this man. But as time went on, I couldn't help but feel like me denying these feelings wasn't gonna get me anywhere.

Alas, I know it'll only end in heartbreak. He's totally straight, and even if he wasn't why would he like ME? ME! He deserves a top-notch woman-- or man-- to satisfy his needs. Not some weird boring New Yorker (A/N: NOTHING AGAINST NEW YORKERS!) who likes to make clothes sometimes.

Still.. I can't help but think about what it would be like if we were together. Man, if we were, the things I'd do t--

"Herc, mon ami, did you hear me?"

I snap back to reality, to see said Frenchman waving a hand in front of my face. I snapped back to reality. We were at a coffee shop we usually go to after school, chatting about god knows what. I must have been staring. Was I staring? Oh God I hope I wasn't staring. He probably thinks I'm weird.

"O-oh, sorry Laf," I mentally curse myself for stuttering, "go on."

And so we continued our conversation, talking about his confusion of Western culture, to talking about our dreams.

"I just don't understand-- like that one state, Arkansas. If Kansas is 'Kansas', then why is Arkansas not pronounced 'Ar-Kansas'? AMERICA EXPLAIN! I NEED ANSWERS!!" He talk yelled gesturing his hands in confusion. I was practically dying, laughing at his confused expression.

"Why are you laughing?! It's a serious question!" Soon we were both laughing like idiots.

We had gotten a refill of coffee and headed out, walking down the sidewalk.

"Hey Laf," he looked at me at the sound of his name, "what do you want to do when you're done with high school?"

He pondered on my question for a moment before speaking "I'm actually not sure yet. I.. never really had much to build off from the start, considering I never had a complete family. My father died when I was two, so it was up to my mother to raise the family. Kids at school also teased me sometimes for being ga-"

He cut himself off, and put a hand over his mouth surprised. It's obvious he hoped I didn't catch what he said, but I already knew what he was gonna say.

"So they bullied you for being gay?" I ask. He looked down at the concrete in shame, as if trying to not cry, and nodded. A wave of sympathy came over me and I smiled softly at him. I lifted his chin to lock eyes with him.

"Oh, Laf, that's perfectly okay! In fact, I'm bi, so I understand. You should never feel like you can't tell me anything, because you can always come and talk to me about anything, okay?"

His hazel eyes widened in disbelief at my words. A smile erupted on his mocha features as he pulled me quickly into a loving hug. I tensed at first, surprised at the sudden show of affection from my best friend and crush, before snaking my arms around his waist and hugging back.

My heart erupted with fireworks, my cheeks heated and my heart racing as we stayed like that for a moment. It felt perfect, like two puzzle pieces that were made for each other being put together. God, I never want this to end.

Of course, it had to end eventually, as he pulled away, wiping a tear from his eye. "I'm so happy. The only other people who accepted me were mother and my brother Michel."

"I will always accept you Laf." I say, and he smiles at me sweetly.

"Thank you."

And with that, I dropped him off home, and returned home myself.

When I had gotten in bed later that night, I looked over what had happened today and sighed dreamily into my pillow.

God, what is this boy doing to me...

~

woAH. Hey kiddos, Ronnie here and-- ugh um??? what is,, life honestly?? I had slept for 11 and a half hours today and it's 1:52 am rn and whAT IS THE PURPOSE OF LIVING--

depression and anemia is so fun i swear like im not crying or anything what???

dead but kinda not actually dead just more so undiscovered memes ftw

i don't have a soul have a nice day folks

-Ronnie