Chapter 19

Third Person POV

It was almost the end of the day. Hercules hid in the C Hall bathroom stalls. He felt numb. Dried tear stained decorated his cheeks and his eyes were slightly pink. He felt like shit. 

Hercules rarely if ever cried, having trained himself to keep his emotions bottled from fear of being vulnerable. But Lafayette was quite the exception. He always seemed to be quite the exception.

He sniffled softly right before the dismissal bell at 4:15 and sighed. After a minute passing, a few people enter the bathroom, some chatting amongst themselves. He flushed the toilet even though he didn't use the restroom to give the allusion that he did before stepping out of the stall.

He walked over to the sink and began to wash his hands, while guys in the distance argued over which girl was the hottest.

He splashed some water on his face, washing away any tear stains and dried both his hands and face. He looked in the mirror. No tear stains, but his eyes were still pink. He grabbed his backpack and walked out of the bathroom.

He made his way down C hall, passed the Science Hall and to the cafeteria to see what was for dinner. Artificial plastic tasting cheeseburger. No thanks.

He walked to the main parking lot, to his car. That's when he remembered he was supposed to go to the principal to discuss the incident at prom. He walked back into the building and to the counselors' offices. He told the lady up front who he was seeing. She smiled and nodded. "Mrs. Contreras is in that hall three doors down on the left." She pointed to the hall to his right. "Thank you." He nodded and followed the direction. When he got there, there was a name tag that read "Amelia Contreras" in black cursive next to the door. He knocked three times.

"Come in!" A voice with a Spanish accent called.

He opened the door, and low and behold, a Spanish woman with dirty blonde hair in a neat ponytail sat at an office desk. She wore a navy suit and pencil skirt with a white blouse underneath. Warm blush decorated her face along with a layer of greyish purple eyeshadow and light mascara, as well as a nude-pink lip. A smile formed on her tan skin. Oh, and did I mention Lafayette was there at her desk too?

The two troubled lovers made eye contact before looking away. "Please, close the door and have a seat." She gestured to the chair next to Lafayette. He nodded and awkwardly sat down. Lafayette scooted a bit away from him.

"So, Marquis was just telling me the details about this alleged attack. Is it true you walked into the G-Hall bathroom and confronted the attackers?"

"Yes."

"Hmm... And is it true that you threw James Reynolds against one of the mirrors?"

"... Yes."

"I see. While I appreciate you protecting your lover, per school policy, I'm going to have to give you a three day out of school suspension." 

Hercules' eyes widened. So did Lafayettes'.

"B-But... I save him!-"

"I know, and if it were up to me, you wouldn't have any consequences. However, the attackers are on a week-long suspension, but because you not only also attacked them but also damaged school property, the school district policy requires me to suspend you." She explained.

Hercules' mouth hung open a bit, before closing and forming a tight line. He stood up abruptly and slung his bag over his shoulder. "Alright; I'll excuse myself now. Have a nice day Mrs. Contreras." He opened the door.

"Herc, wait-" 

But Hercules was already gone. He ran out of the office and out of the school. Lafayette frowned and put on his bag. "I'll be back first thing in the morning, Mrs. Contreras." She nodded and he ran after him.

"Hercules, wait!" Lafayette ran after the man, who was unlocking his car. Said man turned to him and scowled. Laf stopped a few feet away from him.

"I-"

"What now? I thought you were too busy ignoring me?" He stopped him bitterly.

Laf frowned. "Hercules, I didn't... I didn't mean-"

"You didn't mean to what? Ignore me? Smack me in front of a ton of people? Get me suspended?"

"It's not my fault!"

"Oh, it isn't? You're just an innocent angel; you can do no wrong! Don't play that game with me, mister. I know exactly what you are. You are stubborn and proud and rude and..." He took a step towards him pointing a finger at him, but his words froze when he noticed him cower and step away; his eyes a bit scared. "... And..." A cat seemed to have caught his tongue. He stepped away and just stared at his for a moment with furrowed brows but conflicted eyes. He sighed and finally after what felt like forever turned away and got in his car.

"You can find your own way home," Hercules mumbled before driving away.

Lafayette stood there, a tear or two streaming down his face.

He took the bus that evening.

~

And I finally post a chapter after like 5 months,,,,

So sorry it took so long! Love you!

-Ronnie