Part Sixteen: Sex, Drugs, Rock N Roll

10/06/2012

Okay, I think I need to clear something up here >.< Since I made that fanblast about virginity, many people seem to think that I'm some sort of virginity advocate.

I'm not.

I'm pro-sex in a big way.

I just think it's pathetic when people make fun of virgins, and I don't think anybody should be in a rush to lose it. I don't like that "virgin" has become a negative label in the same way "gay" has. People build it up in their minds to be such a big deal when it's not.

Often when somebody loses their virginity they think and act like it makes them more mature or adult than their virgin contemporaries, and that's bullshit. 

HOWEVER. A lot of people now seem to think that I'm some sort of pro-abstinance, chastity-belt-weilding, anti-sex campaigner. I'm not. Sex for anyone who wants it, in my opinion. However often you want it, with as many people as you like.

Other things that have been on my mind lately:

Music

I don't get the hatred people have for others who don't like the same music. Music snobbery is one of the things I just can't stand about somebody. People who unequivocally think that their music is better than anyone else's make my blood boil. Who are you to dictate what music somebody else should listen to? Who are you to presume you know what kind of band is going to help somebody through their shit? Because we all have shit and we all have music that helps us deal with it.

I used to get so much crap about BVB being my favourite band from people who were supposed to be my friends. I thought their music was bland and emotionless but I never said anything because I knew they loved that music. I knew a guy who made me listen to The Pussycat Dolls interminably but refused to let me play any of my music.

Which is why I think that ridiculous "Copy and paste to your profile if you'd be one of the 9% laughing if Justin Bieber died" thing is major-leagues stupidity. You may not like his music or his fans but you can't just say you'd laugh if somebody died. It's so ignorent. 

Drugs

Our government is dealing with drug use in a kind of funny way. Ostensibly, all non-medical drugs are illegal here, including marijuana (otherwise I qualify for that three times over; I should move to California) and every other week we're hearing about major drug busts on the news.

But.

There's this new TV ad that shows a group of kids around seventeen or eighteen doing a various cocktail of weed, cocaine, etc and then going out and having fun being crap at bowling and air hockey, going to a chipper and then crashing the car on the way home. The point of the ad seems to be "Everything is more difficult on drugs. Imagine driving" or something.

So basically our goverment is kind of like a lenient parent. "DON'T DO DRUGS. But if you do, be careful." Lol :p