The Things We Wake Up To

Sans woke up, though he didn't open his sockets, his mind was reeling. What the hell had that dream been about!? Confusion swarmed his head as slowy, ever so slowy, his senses came back to him. He became aware of the familiar surroundings just by feel, his eye sockets remained closed.

Sans could feel that he was lying in his old, uncumfortable mattress, for once the blanket wasn't in a ball next to him, but rather it was covering his sleeping form. But... the room felt cold. The feeling of the chilly air of his room was a little overwhelming, and caught his attention. Being a skeleton he shouldn't be affected by the cold very much at all... But...

Sans was shivering... The feeling of the cold was... unpleasant... it almost hurt...

Whining a little as the cold air flooded his coherent senses and thoughts, Sans tried to burrow deeper into his matress and blanket, but it was difficult, trying to use his legs to-... Wait... Sans couldn't feel his legs... 

Panic overrode his mind and his eye sockets flew open, he propped himself up on his elbows and scanned the room with shaking eyelights... Sans eyes stopped when he saw a soft blue glow, it was emitting from the floor just at the end of his bed. That was odd. He looked at the soft glow apprehensively, then his line of sight wandered to his blanket, he couldn't make out his legs but, there was a definitely something there.

With a shaking hand, Sans gripped the edge of his blanket cautiously. Sans was fearful for what could be under the blanket, this was new, this had never happened in any reset before. With one swift movement of his hand the blanket was off of him, but it slowly fell to the floor as his grip let go of the material in pure shock. Eyelights widening, and then guttering out completely, as he took in the sight.

What Sans saw was a long cobalt blue tail, resembling that of a snakes, it looked to be about 9 feet long. The strangest thing was that upon further inspection Sans could see that it was attached to him. Curiosity  took over as Sans tested out something, he tried to see if he could move it, focusing his mind on moving the tail... It moved. Finally fear shock, and fear seemed finally to explode from his mind. Sans let out a blood curdling scream.

Sans tumbled off his bed and down onto the floor of his room. scrambling desperately to get away from himself. Sans was sent into a panic attack. 

Papyrus had been called about half an hour ago by Undyne to report to her, something else that was new to happen out of the resets. Sans was alone in the silent house at 6:00 a.m. 

As some time passed, Sans started to calm down, trying collect his thoughts and make some sense of what was happening to him. Then he remembered what happened last reset and his peculiar dream. Reality crashed down on him like a raging waterfall. Chara had broken his legs to dust, and in his dream he had approached the snake and had grown a long serpents' tail, and fangs, as well as a forked tongue.

Checking Sans opened his mouth and felt around with his hand, he could feel the long sharp fangs, and now forked tongue. Sans mind was racing, his soul had made up for his loss of legs, substituting with what he chose in hi subconscious dreamscape... Sans had turned into a lamia.

A while later after coming to terms with what had happened to him, Sans decided to try to get up. He struggled and  steadying himself against  his bed as best he could. Eventually Sans and managed to get himself upright, back to his usual height of 4 feet tall, with his long tail  behind him.

At first trying to slither along seemed impossible, Sans fell down several times, but after a couple dozen attempts, Sans was slithering with ease. Leaving his room to try to find some warmth as his reptilian half was freezing. Sans upper half was fine as he was wearing his white turtle neck and blue jacket, but his lower half, his tail, was bare.

Sans couldn't find one place that was exactly warmer that the other, so he grabbed the heaviest blanket he could find, Sans curled up in ball bones and smooth ecto-flesh tail near the couch in the living room. He tossed the blanket on himself using his blue gravity magic. 

As he started feel less cold, Sans drifted to sleep. 

In Waterfall Papyrus was wrapping up business with his friend and captain Undyne, and was making his way back home. Someone had to wake up his lazy older  brother after all!

_______________________________________

Author Note

What will Papyrus think!!!

Sorry for not updating in a while I honestly thought no one would like my story.

the image for this chapter is not mine 

But thanks for reading, I hope you enjoyed the chapter! \(^w^)/