What is Under The Blanket?

Papyrus was confidently walking through Waterfall on his way back to Snowdin. He'd been called by Undyne for some sentry reports, she requested them earlier than usual, but the Great Papyrus was always happy to help! He would make the best Royal Guardsmen!

Papyrus still had his work to do as a sentry, he had to get ready for the day. He also had to wake up his lazy older brother, Sans. His brother had pretty much raised him, though Sans could be a little annoying at times, Papyrus could never truly be mad at his brother. 

Despite Sans being the older brother he had a smaller frame and a short height, while Papyrus was seven feet tall with strong bones. Papyrus was now making his way though the cold foggy area, scarf blowing in the wind. 

Papyrus was thinking about what to make for breakfast. Perhaps spaghetti? His thoughts wandered though as he walked, going back to one of his talks with his flower friend. The golden flower had told him last time that 'things were going to change' the flower had given one of his little winks at the statement. Papyrus couldn't help but think what that could possibly mean.

Finally Papyrus arrived at his and his brothers' house. He could clearly see the lights were on inside at the moment. What!? Was Sans actually awake right now?! Papyrus found it incredibly hard to believe, it was still pretty early, especially when considering how much Sans slept.

Confused, Papyrus used his key on the locked door and turned the key, unlocking it. He quietly opened door and stepped inside, leaving the chilly air of Snowdin behind him. Being a skeleton he was very resistant to the cold, he figured this was because he had no skin. 

After closing the door Papyrus scanned the illuminated house. The sock and noted were in the same place, (he really wished Sans would pick it up) the kitchen had no light on he noticed, looking up past the railing he could see the Sans' bedroom door was open. Hmm. So his brother at least had been up. Papyrus couldn't hear anything that would indicate he brother was doing anything at the moment.

Papyrus looked around once more... huh?.. He hadn't noticed that pile near the couch from his first glance, but he saw it now. There was a blanket covering up, what looked like a pile or lump of... something. Papyrus slowly approached the blanket covered... something.

As he got closer Papyrus could see something was peeking out from under the blanket that had failed to cover it entirely. He could see something that was blue and appeared to be softly glowing... Upon further inspection it looked like the tip of some kind of tail.

Papyrus stopped moving towards whatever this was. What could it be? Why was it glowing? Papyrus gasped in shock. It just moved, what looked like a tail moved a little before settling back down. Was it alive!? 

Papyrus was a little scared of what could possibly be under there. No! He was the Great Papyrus! He was brave enough to face anything that comes his way! Calming himself Papyrus moved towards the mysterious pile once again.

Papyrus bent down and grabbed the edge of the blanket, steeling himself for whatever could be under here. He tore the blanket off what it was covering. Papyrus could finally see what the mystery was... His eye comically bugged out in surprise.

Under the blanket was what he tell was his sleeping brother, but he had no legs! In their place was a long smooth cobalt blue tail. While he stared Sans curled up in a tighter ball, and starting shivering. Papyrus could hear his brothers' bones were rattling. Sans once peaceful expression twisted into one of discomfort. 

Through the shock Papyrus was able to tell that Sans was probably cold. But Papyrus couldn't help the fact he was shocked and confused, "SANS!!!" That seemed to do it. Sans eye sockets flew open, and he shot up. Or well tried t,o, he got up for a second but quickly feel back down. Sans groaned in pain. "ouch *hiss*, what'sss  the yelling for?" Sans was confused.

Papyrus was reeling, "WHAT DO MEAN! WHY DO YOU HAVE A TAIL!" Papyrus wanted answers. Sans thought for a moment and shrugged, "eh, had a weird dream, woke up and it wasss jussst there." There, it wasn't a total lie. Papyrus heaved a big sigh. Sans eventually managed to get up, his bones were still rattling. "WELL BROTHER YOU SEEM TO BE HISSING, AND COLD LIEK A SNAKE! WHAT, DO YOU HAVE FANGS AND A FORKED TONGUE AS WELL?" Papyrus asked sarcastically. Sans cringed and averted his brothers' sockets, "yesss" Papyrus was connecting the dots a little.

Then it clicked it seemed to click. His brother must be part snake, he resembled a kind of very rare monster actually, what was it called again? Oh, right, Sans was a lamia... WAIT WHAT!? That meant Sans would now have a deadly weakness to the cold. They lived in Snowdin, now wonder Sans seemed so cold at the moment!

Papyrus was not going to allow his older brother outside until something was worked out. "BROTHER I HAVE COME TO THE CONCLUSION THAT IF YOU GO OUTSIDE YOU WOULD MOST LIKELY FREEZE TO DEATH! YOU ARE NOT TO LEAVE THE HOUSE UNTIL WE CAN WORK SOMETHING OUT!" Papyrus declared making a pose as if to seal the decision.

Sans seemed a little shocked at the sudden statement, "ok, sss pretty cold" Sans admitted. "ALRIGHT, NOW I HAVE TO GO PATROL FOR HUMANS! COULD YOU AT LEAST DO SOMETHING PRODUCTIVE SINCE YOU'RE BASICALLY TRAPPED INSIDE?" Papyrus gave him a pleading look.

Sans caved, "alright, *hiss* i'll do sssomething useful." Papyrus was elated, "GREAT! SEE YOU LATER BROTHER!" "bye *hiss*" Sans waved his brother a farewell. Then he got up and grabbed the blanket and draped it around his shoulders.

Welp time to do something productive. He looked at the stairs with a hatred. This was gonna be a long day he thought to himself.

____________________________

Authors note

Here it is! I had a lot of fun writing this chapter I love writing for this story! :D

Made a really long chapter here, and I'm proud!

Also Sans will be paired in a ship later in the story, comment below who you want him to be with out of these three choices please. ^v^

Kustard ut sans x uf sans

HoneyKetchup ut sans x us paps

Kedgeup ut x uf paps

Thanks for reading and hope you enjoyed. Farewell! \(^w^)/