Chapter 8

Ian tried to catch his breath as he turned the corner. He glared as he leaned over with his hands pressed against his knees. Brooke was playing "Hey Jude", while the lobby's traffic was centered around her as they sang along. Most of them where men of course. He stood and slowly strutted towards the crowd. His anger eased as he saw her smiling as she played and encouraged the crowd on, "Louder! Oh what beautiful voices you have..!"
He chuckled as he watch the crowd get more excited for the ending. When she finished they all clapped and cheered as she blushed and took a bow. Brooke was overwhelmed with her numerous admirers asking her questions. "Where did you learn to play?" "Are you married?" "What is your name?"

Ian coughed loudly and the crowd parted as he strolled up to her with his hands in his pockets. He eased one hand out and beckoned her as he wiggled it. She looked nervously around the crowd as she shyly eased towards him. He turned and walked away as she followed like a lost puppy.

In the distance, one lone quiet man smiled as he took her picture and sent it via text to someone. The message read, "She's still alive."

Ian stood with his office door open and watched as she slowly walked past him and inside. He gently shut it behind him and sighed, "I'm sorry again, for snapping at you." He turned his face to hers, "Say something."

She shyly shrugged, "What do you want me to say?"

Ian ran his hands through his hair, "Dedra.. She just hurt me so bad.. I was angry, but I would never intentionally ever hurt you. Please know that."

Brooke walked to him and pulled him into a hug, "I'm sorry she hurt you. You've been so good to me during this time. She was a fool to let you go."

Ian pulled her from his chest and kissed her deeply. She softly squeaked a moan into his mouth. His hands feverishly searched over her body. She gasped as his mouth went to her neck, "Ian... Wait.."

He growled as he slowed down his actions, "I'm sorry."

She closed her eyes as she pressed her eyes closed, "Me too."

The couple had spent all day in the office as Ian completed his work before the weekend. They had ordered take out for dinner and ate it there since he still had a ton of work to complete. As he finally finished he looked over to Brooke as she slept on his office sofa. He dialed his assistant that was on call, "Is the plane ready to go?" Pause for answer, "Excellent." He eased from his desk as he pulled on his suit jacket. As he went to cradle her, he briefly stood over her and watched her sleep. He kissed her temple as she whimpered when he scooped her up, "Its just me, you can keep sleeping."

She slightly moaned as she nuzzled into his button down shirt and inhaled his scent.

Brooke's eyes eased open

Brooke's eyes eased open. She gasped as she sat up in shock, "Ian! Ian!"

Ian came running out of the next room and sat on the bed next to her, "What is wrong?"

She lightly grasped his arms, "Where are we?"

He tucked a lose strand of hair behind her ear, "My partners and I have a new casino opening. We will be landing in about thirty minutes."

"Why didn't you tell me? I didn't pack any clothes.."

He pressed his finger to her lips, "Its all been taken care of."

She wrinkled her brow in confusion, "Why did you not tell me?"

He shrugged, "I fly all the time, I'm sorry for scaring you, but you were sleeping so peacefully. I didn't have the heart to wake you."

Brooke pressed her eyes closed as she realized she didn't have any nightmares from the night before, "I'm sorry. Thank you for letting me sleep."

Ian leaned in and kissed her forehead.

Brooke was once again amazed as she studied her new surroundings

Brooke was once again amazed as she studied her new surroundings. Ian smirked as he watched her. As the limo pulled up to the casino, the couple was swarmed by security and flashing lights. Ian tucked a shy Brooke under his arm as security lead them to the media event with his partners.

She uncomfortably stood and watched as Ian and the other casino owners posed with the hired show girls. She particularly did not like one that kept whispering in Ian's ear. Brooke rolled her eyes and made her way to the casino lobby. She sighed as she looked around to all of the flashing lights and noises. She slightly smirked as she studied the tables. She paused as she spotted the roulette wheel spinning. She stood in a daze as she was thrown back into her past, "Always keep your eyes on his prize. If he loses, so will you."

She snapped out of the daze as someone spoke to her, "Hey beautiful. Are you lost?" Brooke shyly shook her head and gave a nervous smile. She was about to walk away until the man roughly grabbed her arm, "Where ya going?"

Brooke tried to hide her fear but it was useless, "Let go of me.."

The man giggled, "Or what..?"

Brooke's eyes locked with a scarier sight, "Sir, I highly suggest you let go.. Oowwee! Of my arm.."

He pulled her closer, "Why is that?"

Brooke was almost in frightened tears, "Because I don't know what he's capable of.."

The man turn his distorted face in the direction that she was looking at, "Oh shit.."

Brooke gasped as Ian's fist hit the man's jaw. She watched in shock as the man fell forward and landed unconscious. She turned her shocked face to his fury. He gritted his teeth as he grabbed her and pushed her into the head of security's grasp, "Get her tha fuck out of here!"

As Brooke was being pushed through the casino she looked back to Ian. He watched as the rest of security eased her attacker off of the floor and dragged him to the back. She gasped as he turned his cold glare back to her, her brow wrinkled as he started  to follow the group to the back, while cracking his knuckles.