Chapter 30

Ian helped Brooke as she stepped into the apartment. He wanted to carry her, but she refused his help, even though she knew how slow she was. He stood silently and watched as she studied her surroundings.

She paused when she heard him speak, "Can I get you anything?"

Brooke bit her lip as she shyly shook her head, "No thank you."

She slowly eased towards the piano and barely touched the keys. She closed her eyes as she remembered the last time she touched the keys was when Ian made love to her.

Her brow wrinkled as she remembered what he said, "Just let it happen."

Ian noticed her lip quivered as her eyes opened. He stepped back as she started to bash on the expensive instrument. She pressed her teeth as she continued to take her anger out on the piano. Ian's eyes flenched every time the keys cried. He could tell she was growing weaker with every bang. He took light steps behind her and caught her as she was about to fall.

Ian pressed his lips to her shoulder as he held her sobbing body to his, "I know.. I know.. let it out.."

Brooke reared her head back as she violently cried, "Oh God.. this hurts so bad.."

"I know.. I'm here.."

Brooke turned to face him and hugged him, "Ian..?"

He kissed her hair as held her, "Yes Brooke.."

"I'm sorry.. for.."

Ian's eyes widened as he tipped her head to him, "For what?"

"I lost the money... I lost the baby.,"

Ian pressed his lips to hers, then whispered against them, "Brooke, Linda took all of that.. You did nothing wrong."

Brooke squeezed him to her, "I love you."

He smirked at her words, "I love you too."
******************

Brooke stretched and smiled as she felt Ian shifted next her. She smiled and turned to face him. He smiled back as he leaned in and kissed her. Brooke sighed when it ended.

Ian eyes studied her face," I'm going to start you a shower. Brooke smiled as she watched him stroll into the bathroom. She slightly wrenched with pain as she eased from the bed. Ian turned to her as she entered the steamed filled room. He smiled as he offered her his hand to help her. As she stepped closer to the shower her anxiety grew. The sound of the water hitting the tile threw her back into her water torture. She stepped back from Ian's hand.

He looked to what her eyes were locked on and turned back to her, "Brooke, do you want me to turn it off?"

Brooke's nose flared as she shook her head, and started to undress. Ian tried not to stare, but she was still so skinny.

He sighed as he peeled off his own clothing and lead her under the warm water. Brooke's breath heaved as he held he under with him. Ian stepped behind her and massaged shampoo in her hair. Brooke could feel her fear ease away as he petted her. He smiled as he could tell her fear was easing away.

***************
Dinner was another challenge. Ian sat at the table and watched for her to reach for her fork. Brooke nibbled on her bottom lips as her hand shook. Ian whispered to her from across the table, "Brooke.."

"Don't!" Her chest heaved as she reached for her fork and picked it up, "I can do this."

Ian swallowed a lump in his throat as she controlled her shaking hand and eased it into the food. By the time it reached her mouth, half of the food had fallen off, but she did it.

She cried as she looked to a beaming Ian, "Why are you smiling?"

Ian eased up and crouched down next to her chair, "Because you amaze me everyday. My life was so empty before I had you."

Brooke smiled to him as he continued to look up at her. She ran her hands through his thick hair, "I love you."

"Oh Mrs, Crawford, I truly love you."