♥ Different Types of fantasy ♥

Bago ko ipost yung mga nakaline up na request, naisipan kong ipost ito.

Kasi bago tayo sumabak sa pagsusulat ng fantasy dapat alamin muna natin kung anong type o klaseng fantasy ang susulat natin.

Napakalawak ang sakop ng fantasy para sa kaalaman niyo! Makakatulong ito kapag magsisimula kayong magsulat at kapag magpa-plot kayo. Swear.

Sana may maintindihan kayo kasi medyo english iyan hehe. So, mianhe~ in my english XD
.
.
.
.

.

Different types of fantasy

Epic Fantasy

Pinakasikat na type ng fantasy ngayon. Lagi siya kasama sa High Fantasy.

Epic fantasy usually includes a life or death struggle between good and evil, a large cast of characters, and multiple books. Karamihan sa modern fantasy books ay kino-consider bilang epic fantasy.

Examples...

The Wheel of Time, A Game of Thrones and Tolkien's The Lord of the Rings.

Coming-of-Age Fantasy

Fantasy with a lot of focus on the journey from youth to man. Mula sa pagkabata hanggang sa paglaki.A VERY common aspect of the epic fantasy subgenre.

Heroic Fantasy

Ito'y nakafocus sa development ng hero and usually involves a quest of some sort. Strong elements of good and evil often present in Heroic Fantasy.

High Fantasy

A broad classification for fantasy. High fantasy usually refers to epic fantasy, but it can include different elements. High fantasy usually includes a well drawn world where magic follows a specific set of rules.

Examples...

Robert Jordan's Wheel of Time series try niyong basahin :)

Low Fantasy

Fantasy where traditional elements are not present (or emphasized).

The fantasy world might not have magic (or if magic exists, it's not important in the context of the story) and the focus tends to be on the characters and/or plot rather than the fantastical elements. Low fantasy is fairly active fantasy genre these days.

Mas nakafocus ito sa ikot ng plot.

Military Fantasy

Obvious naman, military means soldier o giyera. Kaya sa pakikipaglaban o sundalo ito nakafocus.

There is a difference between fantasy books with military elements (many fantasy books feature this, especially epic and heroic fantasy) and military fantasy in that military fantasy is ABOUT the military life and people in the military. Militar, sa world war etc.

Examples

Glen Cook's Black Company and Steven Erikson's Mazalan Book of the Fallen. Di ko pa nababasa ito >_<

Sword and Sorcery Fantasy

A genre that includes plenty of hand to hand action. The sorcery aspect usually centers around the antagonist o sa kontrabida.

This genre is in a state of flux as new modern takes on the classic sword and sorcery are being penned.

This modern version includes heavy uses of magic and sword play but with a gritty, dark undertone. A good example is the sword of J.V. Jones' Sword of Shadows saga, for example.