Two steps back.

Disclamer: unedited chapter, plenty of errors, beware!.

Ifeanyis POV:

I woke up before ofure. My system was used to waking up early because of my work schedule. I looked over at her, she was curled up in her own side of the bed, her soft natural hair was everywhere; I couldn't see her face properly so I tucked as much as I could behind her ear. She stirred slightly and I cursed under my breath, thank God she didn't wake up. she was a peaceful sleeper. There was no snoring only light breathing as her chest rose and fell. Her lips: pink and plum were slightly parted and because she was lying on her hands, it made them squeeze awkwardly like she was making a duck face, it was so cute. It took enough restraint not to reach out and kiss her.

I decided to do some chores before she woke up. By the corner of her room lay some bundled up clothes, I picked them up, I also picked up the ones I wore yesterday as well, then went to the backyard to wash them.

While I washed the sheets, I noticed they were stained. I felt bad for ofure, I knew she wouldn't like that I laundered them, she'd be shy and embarrassed. I noticed she wasn't as forth coming as yeti with these things. Yetunde always had cramps when we were in the u.s, I would do everything for her then. Wash the linens and her clothes, mine too, because she liked to cuddle, so she'd stain me as well. I even bath her because sometimes it was so bad that she wouldn't be able to stand properly. But as the years went by, it lessened, only came along once in a while and I was always there for her. I would have mentioned this to ofure but I didn't want her to feel bad, I noticed she was always uncomfortable whenever yetis name came up so I tried to talk less about her. These things were nothing to me, when you love somebody; woah! Did I just say love?. I suppose my heart didn't give me the memo, it had fallen in love with her. My head was so confused, it was usually the rational one but it wanted them both too, only it wanted one more and my mouth didn't want to say which if them it was.

After washing, I went to sweep the whole place. It wasn't much work, the house wasn't so big and it wasn't dirty as well, someone was making sure to keep the place clean. When i finished cleaning, I wanted to make breakfast but I didn't know what she would wake up craving. So I went to wake her, it was time to bath anyways.

I tapped her lightly and when she didn't wake up, I planted a soft kiss on her forehead, her almond shaped eyes fluttered open and she smiled at me. I swear my day was made.

"Morning baby".

" uncle you will not like to brush".

"You can't be romantic to save your life abi, even when you are just waking up".

" but they can still do romance with clean teeth na".

"Shebe you think you are made of flowers, you don't know your own too strong, I just dey manage".

" enh! But at least I did not talk inside ur mouth na".

"Don't you watch all these hollywood movies, don't you see how they wake up and just kiss, kiss their selves immediately".

" you no know say na naija you dey, Hollywood kill you there". We both laughed a little.

"I'm waiting for the stores to open so i could buy a new one, I left the one I travelled with at the hotel".

" so, you can use mine".

"Really".

" yea, why not".

"I thought you were a germophobe, they way you carry yourself".

" germophobe na him I dey kiss, kiss you anyhow, go and use o jare!. Or wait let me use first, after I'm done bathing you can use".