Stay!.

Ofures POV:

I sinned, and it must have been a big one because God doesn't seem to want to forgive me. Things never went my way, ever!. I was a fool to have hoped, to have wanted this so bad that I let my guard down and hope. I was the most pessimistic person I knew, yet for some reason, I thought, finally, my happiness was near.

When ifeanyi left earlier, I was excited. I knew it wasn't fair to yeti but I couldn't stop thinking about what it would be like for I and ifeanyi to be together, no baggage 'well, I did have many". Just none of his baggage. We would be so happy together, I thought. I didn't care for school anymore, the only thing that was on my mind was being with him. Lying naked, our bodies entwined into one big beautiful mess. Just laughing and enjoying each others company, he would be mine and I his. I'd go over to his house, cook , clean and just be a normal girlfriend; you know, the ones I see on TV. Love, marriage, romance. Those were never my things. I didn't care much for them, I felt they slowed a person down. But my feelings for ifeanyi made me feel super, faster, stronger.

When I heard him knock, I ran to the gate, ignoring the slight pain in my abdomen.  As soon as I saw him, I jumped on him, he was mine at last. But then I saw his face and I knew that something was wrong well now I know that it wasn't just wrong, it was terribly wrong, horribly wrong in fact. What kind of person would I be if u denied a child the privilege of growing up with a father to satisfy my own desires. I just couldn't!.

"I have to go". I said, numbly starring into space.

" go, go where?". He replied confused.

"I have to make a trip, outside Benin".

"Ofure, you're going to run away? Please let's try and hash this out".

" there is nothing to hash out ifeanyi, it is what it is".

"Ofure I know how you must be feeling".

" I doubt that".

"Ofure..."

"Ifeanyi its fine, it's whatever, I'm good".

" ofure there is a possibility the baby isn't mine, I can't...."

"Hey, hey, don't do that. Don't be a jerk. Yeti was your fiancée, of course you two were having sex. Don't try to paint her in a bad light because of your feelings for me". I said getting irritated, ifeanyi was better than that. He knew better than to be such a sexist pig.

" ofure...."

"I have to pack". I stood up and headed to the room, picking up a random box, I started to throw clothes in. I needed to get out of here, go to a safe place. I couldn't be in the same space as him, couldn't be in the same city as him. My heart was tearing inside my chest, or was it breaking. I don't know, I just it felt awful.

" where are you going ".

" out of town".

"I knew that but where".

" owerri".

"Owerri, By this time?". When I didn't respond he said. " what is in owerri".

"Peace".

" that's it". I said nothing again. "When will you be back".

" when I've had enough of peace".

"Is there nothing I can do to make you stay".

" you know I won't ".

" I love you".

"I wish that were enough".