Adopted Chap - 3

Author's notes

So here's another chapter. Sorry its a bit boring but still, Be grateful. My GCSE Mother Tongue are in like two weeks and Im writing this for you guys. Anyways, check out KyokoSora and her stories? She has an Adopted by Yogscast story there too and if you guys still haven't seen the link, the girl at the earlier part of my story called Kyo is obviously her. Thank you guys so much.

They led her into her new room and her face instantly brightened up. Everyone else decided to have a talk outside while she unpacked. Yumi basically threw her whole trunk into the closet and sat on the bed, staring out of the window. Her new room wasn't huge or anything but it was her room. Knowing that Simon and Lewis were sleeping just down the corridor only made her even happier. Sitting down on the bed, Yumi could feel that it was harder to breath in a sense but decided to just dismiss it as due to the new environment.

She didn't have much stuff to unpack and was quickly done. Yumi entered the living room to find that only Lewis and Hannah were there. Hannah smiled widely as Yumi walked in.

"So, you ready?"

Yumi looked at her curiously.

"Are we going somewhere?"

Lewis grinned. "Simon is coming back soon and he didn't know when you were arriving so we decided to make it a little surprise."

Yumi's eyes widened before a wide smile overtook. "Ill hide in a box?"

Hannah raised an eyebrow at Yumi's suggestion but Lewis immediately ran to his room and returned with a giant box. Yumi giggled as she ran up to her room, grabbed a cushion, a cat ear headband and threw it inside the box. With Lewis' help, she climbed inside the box.

Hannah shook her head in disbelief and crossed her arms. "Why am I not even stopping you guys, I really don't know."

Yumi giggled again and wore the headband. "Can i have some food please nyaa? I'm hungry nyaaa." Yumi said, while giving Hannah the best puppy (kitten) eyes she could do.

Hannah laughed as she grabbed a box of Jaffas from the counter for Yumi. Half an hour later, a nicely wrapped huge box present was in the living room, with slots around the back for breathing. Yumi was starting to feel extremely warm and was finding it slightly painful to breath but she decided to stick with it. It was her idea after all. Either Lewis or Hannah would always stay beside her. It was obvious that they were starting to realize that it wasn't as a good an idea as they expected. Finally, the doors opened and Yumi could hear a few voices. One that distinctively belonged to Simon as well as a few others. As soon as she saw the top of the box being opened, she jumped up to shout. "SURPRISE!!!"

Simon screamed slightly until he realized who it was and started laughing. Behind him was Martyn and his girlfriend, Kaeyi. They both looked shocked but Kaeyi was instantly warming up to Yumi when she saw the cat ears. Yumi was pulled in an uncomfortable hug as Simon lifted her off the ground but she decided to just smile. After a round of introductions, it was already evening. Kaeyi and Martyn left soon, saying something about having to keep to a strict diet. Hannah left after them to go back to her own house and it was just the three of them.

Lewis was sitting at the table, Simon was lying on the sofa and Yumi was sitting in her box, surrounded by cushions and blankets that they had afterwards pulled out. They were all silent, waiting for something to happen. A loud growl emitted from Simons stomach as all three of them burst into laughter.

"So.. Pizza?"

After dinner, Simon was just slouched over the sofa, his eyes stuck to the television. Lewis had disappeared somewhere and Yumi decided that hunting for him would be her entertainment for the next few minutes. She then found him in front of a computer, editing some video clips in his room. Lewis noticed Yumi peeking into his room from outside and smiled.

"Come on in."

Yumi jumped slightly but slowly entered the room. She was still trying to get used to the fact that Lewis was there. That the yogscast were there.

Lewis pulled off his headphones and sat opposite to Yumi.

"So.. do you play any other games other than Minecraft?"

Yumi looked surprised at the question but smiled slightly. "Games are a little expensive for me. It took me long enough to even get Minecraft. I watch the videos of you guys playing though and I have almost as much fun."

Yumi stood up slowly after saying that and quickly left the room. She didn't know why she said so much. She could have just said no but.. that felt like the right answer.

Lewis sat on his chair as he pondered about Yumi's answer. It wasn't what he had expected. Still, he smiled to himself before turning back to his work. Not being able to buy games was never a problem in their current house.