Chapter 1 Lost Secrets

Orlando was astonished to see his only daughter standing in front of him

Orlando was astonished to see his only daughter standing in front of him. He cupped his hands around his mouth and slowly backed away to reveal this news to Katy. Katy, was dumbfoinded, as tears welled up into her eyes. "Yes, it is me." Said the girl. Her hands were clenched in fists as the rain was pounding on her brown hair. She revealed herself into the light more, she took off her poncho revealing ripped clothes, and cuts and bruises littered over her body. "My Baby!!!" Katy screamed as she ran to give her daughter an embrace. Never really remembering hugs, Stephanie patted her mother awkwardly on the back as she started to cry. Katy held her close to her body, and she laid her down on their couch. Stephanie was shaking, her thin arms vibrating intensly as she stared at her mother. Even though she was crying, Stephanie still thought she was the most beautiful woman in the world. "Where have you been all of these years??" Katy asked as she sniffled and wiped away her tears. "I was living in the woods with a bunch of homeless people." Stephanie replied. "They were so nice to me. I was part of thier family.  "Even though i decided to leave their nice home to come here. I was missing you, and every once in a while, I would see your face on the news and I would feel a sense of grief and sadness and I would cry until tears ran down my face no more. " Katy was astonished, and wiped away her tears. "My love, may I ask what had made you run away in the first place?" Katy asked as she put a gentle hand on Stephanie's back. Stephanie sighed and took a calm breath. "When I was 12, I heard something that you guys had said, and it really scared me..."
............................... Three Years Ago..................................................................
Stephanie's Pov

I stood in the kitchen awaiting for Mom to bring me into bed, and to sing like she always did to me. I hear voices coming from the other room, so I decide to walk over to where they were coming from. "I think we should call them." Said the voice as it started to sound reconsisible . Mom.  "We will go there in the morning. Then. We can finally get this over with. "Dad. I didn't know what they were talking about, so I moved closer to hear more. "The orphange seems nice!" Said mom. "Yes it certainly will be a good place for her!" Said dad. I gasped as I heard this. "Were they planning to take me to the orphanage?! They don't love me?!" Warm tears started to fall as I climbed up the stairs and sobbed uncontrollably. "They can't do this to me. I'm thief only kid! Unless...Moms having another baby, and she wants to replace him/ her with me!!" I exclaimed. "Not if I can help it. I'm running away. To a place where people will actually love me. "I threw a bunch of clothes into my backpack, and some money for food. I opened my window, and climbed down the huge cherry blossom tree that had now sprouted. I planted my feet on the ground, and ran into the dark woods. Hoping never to be seen again.
......................................................Present.............................................................................
Katy gasped as she wished away a strand of hair from her now pale face. Orlando held his hands in his hair as he smacked the wall in guilt. Honey we weren't talking about you.. Katy said as she stroked her hair. "Then who was it!? "Stephanie shouted as she stood up and stomped her foot down on the tiled floor. "It was a fan... "Katy said as she was looking for an image on her phone. She showed Steph an image of a little girl with beady eyes and a very crooked smile. "She had snuck into one of my concerts. The security were escorting her away, when I asked her why she did this. She replied with, "I'm so so sorry. I really wanted to see you, but I don't have any money, and my parents are dead, so I didn't have any money, I'm sorry! "She cried. Katy felt bad for this girl, so she vowed to find a forever home for her. "I'm sorry sweetie. I wish we could have talked. Then this would not have happened....."Katy sobbed. Stephanie was taking in all this information. Thoughts flew through her mind and she started to vibrate and sweat profusely. "I need to lie down... "Stephanie slurred as she fell into darkness. The last thing she heard was someone faintly calling her name. "Stephanie!!!!!"