Chapter 2 Shattered Minds

Stephanie's   POVMy mind was a black blur when I awoke to the faint sound of a beeping monitor

Stephanie's   POV

My mind was a black blur when I awoke to the faint sound of a beeping monitor. I slowly opened my eyes and was blinded by such a bright light. I closed my eyes and opened them again to find my mother gazing down from where I was laying. She had tears in her eyes, and was stroking my matted hair. I hoisted myself to sit up, but was suddenly blasted with a sharp pain in my head. I lay down again, as I groaned and clenched my teeth in pain. Mom looked worried so I decided to calm her downcast form  by saying I was alright. My father was in a chair with a little boy on his lap, sucking his thumb, and playing with a stuffed Wiggles toy. " Who is this?" I stammered as I gazed my eyes back to my mother. "This, said my mother, is your brother!" My brother... i thought in my mind as I slumped deeper into the pillow. " I found out I was pregnant with him three years ago a long time after you had run away." Mom started, but stopped, as she started to sob. I feel that she was starting to get overwhelmed with the whole situation. I slowly started to sit up, and stretched my arms showing that I wanted her to hug me. She slowly started to stand up, and wiped her tears from her eyes. She walked towards me as I stood up slowly as I pulled her into a huge embrace. My arms hit her body  first, and slowly, hers hit mine afterwards. I shook as I slowly started to cry. She sensed my sadness and squeezed me tighter. I began to sob, as she sat me down on the bed. "W-where am I?" I stammered as I sat down on my bedside. "We are at the hospital." Said my dad as he stood up, and sat beside me. "You had fallen unconscious from dehydration." He said as he gave me a hug. "The doctors had given you a lot of nutrition to help make you feel better. "You've been out for 2 days now!" He chuckled as he tussled my hair.  Wow. I thought. It hasn't felt like 2 days, it has only felt like 2 hours! "I'm going to go for a walk honey." Said my mom as she pecked my dad on the lips and kissed me on the head. I'll be back soon love. She said as she strolled out of the hospital room doors. You should get some rest dear. Said my dad as he laid me down, and pulled the covers up to my chin. Sleep well honey. He whispered as he stroked my head and turned off the light. Goodnight, I murmured as I slowly drifted into sleep.

Katy's POV

I walked out of the hospital doors with a sense of excitement. She wants me to be her mom. I clicked my heels together as I strolled down the hospital hallway, and took a deep breath of relief. I wandered to a peaceful corner where i sighed and clutched my still flat stomach. I rocked myself back and forth as i took out my phone and took a selfie of myself. I think this is a good time to let the Katycats know the exciting news. Orlando had found me shortly after and gave me a kiss. John was on his shoulders and was playing with Orlandos hair. He stroked my stomach as he pulled me tight into his arms. "Who was the girl?" John asked as he rest his head onto Orlandos scalp. "That was your sister," I replied looking up at his chubby face. "I put her to bed." Said Orlando. "She needs her rest." I replied as I closed my eyes on his chest. "BABY?!"John had shouted and pointed to Stephanie's room  and started to clap. I didnt know how to reply to john just yet, so I said "nope baby still in here. "John pouted, and I gave him a kiss to make him feel better. All of a sudden, doctors and nurses rushed to Stephanie's room and were crowding around her room as well. I pulled away from Orlandos  grip, and rushed towards the room. I pushed past the doctors and nurses, and slammed my hands on the wall. I screamed as I saw my daughter shaking violentlry on her bed, and had foam near the corner of her mouths. "Was I going to lose my daughter again!?" I screamed as they tried to shock her back to reality.....