Chapter 11.

(Hey guys.. I'm honestly really sorry about not updating I'm using this an excuse a lot I'm sorry but I've had a lot of school work to get done and then I kept getting more and more piled onto my schedule, and I've been getting quite a lot of hate recently since I couldn't update. And I want to sincerely apologise to everyone who has waited for a new chapter to come out. This chapter was rushed and short since I have two Spanish tests and a maths one coming up, I've just finished my English one and I'm in the progress of my art project. So life has been hectic lately.

I was wondering if you all would prefer short chapters but more frequently or longer chapters but less frequently?)

*three years later*

Milo was hardly done sorting his books before he got the shock of his life when an elf by the name of 'Floppy' appeared.

"Young master, Lunch is ready." The elf said, bowing slightly, before she disappeared again to the kitchens.

Milo stood up and dusted his knees before walking at an admiral pace to the dining room where his father was waiting. A few more steps and he was standing in front of his father, something was wrong, the look on his fathers face was untraceable. Milo shifted his weight to his left leg as he stood standing awkwardly in front of him.

"I've decided.." Tom paused before continuing, as he twirled his wand slightly. "To send you to Hogwarts in September."

Milo froze for a second before he slammed his hands on the table as his father then went onto explanation.

"Milo, this is not up for discussion. I've been talking with Lucius and we have decided that we are sending you to spy on Dumbledore and gain his trust, As Milo Riddle of course." Tom finished with a smirk gracing his face.

He then mumbled bitterly under his breath, "Mostly to give the old goat a heart attack." Before Tom started cutting the turkey on his plate into slices.

"Dad.. I already know the material up until 3rd year! This is a genuine a waste of my time, I'm not going. I refuse!" Milo yelled, gritting his teeth in annoyance then his father stood up, Milo started to regretting his past choices as he realised his mistake.

"Milo. I said this is not up for discussion, now sit down and eat something before the food gets cold." Tom took a deep breath trying to smooth his brewing anger as he sat down. Milo reluctantly followed his lead and ate with no other comments coming from him in an act of submission.

On his way back into his room, Milo made sure to stomp back to his room and threw the ring that Tom had gifted him, across the hallway in a fit of anger before he arrived back in his bedroom. He continued to organise his books, roughly, determined to finish the job completely before he climbed into bed and settled back into his pillows, wishing sleep would overtake him soon whilst absentmindedly wondering what his father was doing this second, before he drifted to sleep letting the darkness overtake his vision.

——

Tom sat at the dining room rubbing his temple as soon as Milo left. A headache forming already as he brewed on the argument. 'Perhaps I was a little harsh.' He wondered before he stood up pushing his chair back with a small squeak.

He took a few large strides before he arrived at the large spruce door to Milos room. Tom raised his hand and curled it into a fist as he knocked on the door before creaking it open to peak inside.

"Milo? I am here to apologise for how I spoke to you earlier." Hearing no answer, Tom took that as a sign to walk inside. To his surprise he found his son sprawled across his bed snuggling a pillow with the quilt laying on the floor. Tom reached forward and picked up the quilt before he gently wrapped the blanket around his 11 year old son.

A hand shot up and grabbed his bicep with a tight grip, "Please stay" Milo said sleepily looking straight in his fathers eyes with his dazed green eyes before he fell into the abyss of darkness once again.

Tom sighed and tried to pull his arm away but he couldn't seem to move from his sons tight grip without waking him so instead he lifted the quilt up and settled down beside Milo then draped the cover over mostly his son before he soon too fell asleep holding his legacy, his life, his gift from the god in his arms.