Chapter 12.

Milo felt the weight of something on his stomach, he shifted in his half conscious state. Before finally opening his eyes to see what was the cause of destruction.  He had to blink a few times before adjusting to the blinding sunlight that had managed to escape from behind his curtains. 

Then he slowly became aware that his father was asleep beside him in what looked like a peaceful state.  Milo reached up to his cheekbones and trailed his fingers down to his jaw.  He was awestruck. How had he managed to get a father this perfect. Milo was brought out of his musings when his fathers eyes started to shift open.  He shot back under the covers and acted like he was still asleep, taking calming deep breathes every few seconds.

Tom stirred in his sleep. He felt the warm sensation running down his cheek before disappearing completely. He opened his eyes and took in his surroundings,  his son lay there lost in his dream.  Tom sat up and pulled the covers off him before tucking in Milo. But before he left the room, Tom kissed Milo's forehead and then proceeded to walk out the room and closed the door quietly behind him.

Milo shot up and took several deep breaths after his father left. His father hadn't shown him any affection like that before for a while. Milo shook his head a few times to clear his head and forget about what just happened.  He stood up and got dressed in the outfit that the house elf had left laid out for him.

After Milo got dressed, he walked out the room and as he passed the same corridor that he threw the ring that Tom had gifted him. Milo started to look for the engraved silver ring with a jewel that was as green as the killing curse.

He was on his knees as he spotted it shimmering beside an odd looking book. The book looked to be about a few decades old as the cover had been completely destroyed and Milo could barely make out what it said inside. He shrugged and put on his ring before grabbing the book and taking it to his room to read for later.

He rushed to breakfast seeing as he was already late. Milo waltzed in and saw his father tapping the plate with his knife impatiently. Milo sat down and looked up at his father his brows furrowed in confusion as his fathers face was full of regret.

"Milo, I sincerely apologise for my behaviour last night. I did not have the right to shout at you like that." Tom finished before meeting Milo's concerned eyes.

"I'm sorry father, but are you feeling alright? I was the one that over reacted, I will go to Hogwarts and complete the task you have given me but.." Milo continued with a pout, "Can I bring Nagini?" Milo finished giving his father puppy eyes.

"No, she is my familiar and you can't bring Nex, that snake would end up getting itself caught before the sorting ceremony is over. Perhaps an owl to hide the fact your bringing a snake, it'll be useful to communicate and save you the trouble Nex would undoubtedly bring." Tom said whilst rolling his eyes then continued.

"Whilst you're here, we will be getting your Hogwarts supply list done. We would get your wand, robes and if your behaving a proper adult should, then I'll allow you to choose another familiar."

"I'm not an adult though, I'm a child. In fact, I should be out enjoying life instead of being burdened with the troubles of an adult." Milo groaned but the excitement that shone brightly in his eyes gave him away.

"Where you not just arguing yesterday about how your practically an adult?" His father teased slightly, handing Milo the supply list needed.

"Go get your coat please whilst I shall notify Lucius of this change in schedule."

"Sir yes sir!" Milo beamed, practically running out the room to get his coat leaving Tom to send a short letter to Lucius.