Chapter Five: Bella

Bella was sitting on her porch reading as the little bit of sun left in the day shone. She looked up as she saw her husband, Will, walking towards her, his hair still wet from the ocean. He picks up their son Ben before sitting next to Bella, putting Ben in his lap. Ben, with all the energy a little 2 year old has, jumps off his dad's lap and runs around the front yard. Will, feeling a little rejected picks up their baby girl who is laying on a blanket on the floor and says "At least you can't run away from me yet."

  As he bends over to pick her up, a small droplet of water falls from his hair and lands on the baby's head. "Bella, towel!" Bella jumps up from reading and grabs a small cloth from her back pocket that she is always carrying and hands it to Will. He then swipes the small droplet off of the babies head and looks over to Ben to see if he noticed anything, luckily, he has a small attention span and didn't sense the tension.

  Their daughter Jasmine,was also a mermaid, just like Rikki,Cleo and Emma's daughters. Just like the rest of the babies,she was born one. Their mothers had all past on their aquatic traits. Ben wasn't one though and he didn't know that his mother,or his sister were mermaids yet because he is to young and would tell everybody.

   It looked like it was starting to rain so they were about to go inside when what looked like snow started to fall from the sky. "What the-how is it snowing in austr-" Bella stopped as a piece falls on her hand and almost burns her. It's not snow. It's ashes.

  After just a few seconds of her realizing they're ashes the ground starts to slightly rumble. Will passes Bella Jasmine and Will runs and swoops up Ben. Bella's phone goes off and it's a volcano eruption warning from her weather app. Volcano... "Mako!" Bella blurts out. Without even thinking they get in the car and head in the opposite direction.

   "Where are we going to go?" Will asks. "Uh. I don't know. Your parents! They live far enough away." "Okay." Replies Will,trying to stay calm. "Will?" Bella asks "Yeah." "We can't come back to Mako."