Chapter 9: Kayla

13 Years Later

Kayla Lake, Maine.

        Jamie grabbed her over-packed backpack and hops on her mountain bike. She was not very exited for summer to be over, so last night Jamie and her friends from summer camp texted until two in the morning and now she is running late.

     Jamie has just recently moved to Kayla, a small lake town in the middle of nowhere.

         She missed her turn, so she takes a u-turn and a sharp left, throwing her off her bike. Her books are sprawled out all over the ground.

        Great. Jamie thinks Just a great start off to the year

        . "Hey!" a voice calls. "Are you okay?" One girl helps Jamie up while another picks up her things.

        "Im Jo." the one who helped her out puts her hand out

        Jamie awkwardly shakes her hand "Jamie."

        "Oh and this is Becky." Jo gestures to a girl with dirty blonde hair all pulled into a side ponytail.

        Becky hands her her book bag. Jamie takes a quick look inside and everything is, well, organized. too organixed, she'll never find anything now.

        Hey," Jamie asks. "Do you know how to get to the school?"

        "Oh yeah, its right around the corner, you can walk with us!" Jo enthusiasticly insists.

        Jamie slings her bag around her shoulder and starts walking her bike with Jo and becky.

        "Are you new? I haven't seen you around." Jo asks.

        "Yeah, just moved here actually."

        "Oh! Cool! You should come with us after school to the Lake Store! They have ice cream and candy and-" Jamie couldn't stand the rambling.

"We should get going, I really don't wanna be late..."