Prologue

• Dedicated to (whole book overall) My Nannie, who's currently fighting cancer

It gives it an extra effect if you listen to the youtube music link -http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NvbABsAbG2U, or the track provided below

Or watch my trailer by clicking on 'watch on youtube' when it comes up on the screen bellow!

Thanks Brioniexxx- Enjoy!

......................................................................................................................................................

The agony was unbearable, a pain like no other. I was thrown here and there, like a rag doll, my body weak and feeble.

It was uncontrollable, like death but worse. The pain was alive, tormenting my soul, playing with me. I wanted to die, to have an end, to feel nothing… that would be a luxury.

The wings on my back quivered with soreness, they ached and hurt, it was intolerable. Tears trickled down my cheek, as my spirit was tortured, as my core was twisted until it was so fragile that I had no hope of returning to being Ebony Mary Jessup, who lived in the box room on 42nd Bailey Lane.

That was the past now. My wings were tender, my body was tired; it was feeble but still agonized by a hurt indescribable… I was giving up. There would be an end, but I feared that it would not come for a long time, maybe it would carry on forever. The pain was cracking my soul, tearing me apart- bit by bit.

Suddenly there was a light. It shone brightly, white and angelic. The essence of it blew an icy breath, it froze me, and my body still shaking with pain, began to shiver and tremble. The wings on my back shuddered sending artic flares through my weary blood.

I wondered for brief second if I’d freeze to death first or if the pain would take me before that, but then the pain returned and the cold. Then in the light I saw him…