The Parade (2)

"Beauty isn't everything. But some people, more specifically those who inhabit the capitol, make it everything. It consumes their lives, don't let it ruin yours,"

OceanAs the train pulled into the station all you could hear was the screams of the Capitol people as they saw the District 4 train come to a stop

Ocean
As the train pulled into the station all you could hear was the screams of the Capitol people as they saw the District 4 train come to a stop. When we had come to a complete stop Finnick and I walked out smiling and waving at the crowd. We would occasionally stop to sign something but we had to keep moving fast due to the peacekeepers behind us.

When we got to the training centre we went straight to our floor to relax and get away from the Capitol's eye. As soon as Finnick and I walk through the doors we throw ourselves onto the couches and massage our cheeks from all the smiling. Finnick starts pulling faces at me and we both crack up laughing. "Alright you two come to the table so we can eat than you can go get some much needed rest the Tribute Parade is tomorrow!" Diamond say cheerily. "Comin' D," I groan and Finn chuckles at the nickname I gave her when I got lazy. "Oh for goodness sakes what have I told you about that name!" she squeals. When we reach the table I see my stylist Dakota sitting at the table, I run over to her and give her a hug. "Ocean, Darling so good to see you!" She laughs at the sudden affection. "Dakota! I haven't seen you in so long" I reply and go to my seat next to Finnick and start piling food on my plate. "Slow down their Darling you need to fit into your costume for tomorrow!" Dakota chuckles at my hasty eating habits. "Oh but she will, she litterally eats so much at home yet stays that tiny," Finnick says exasperated. "Don't you eat too much either Finnick, Trent has your costume done and I must say the ladies of the Capitol will be drooling over you," Dakota winks.

After a dinner of teasing Finnick about the little amount there would be of his costume I retired to my room tuckered out from the train ride and all the Capitol citizens. I go into my room and change into the supplied night clothes. As I'm about to get into bed I hear a knock at the door, "come in," I say.

"Hey O I didn't wake you did I?" Finn asks, "No I was just about to get into bed," I reply as I sit down on the bed patting the spot next to me. "What's up?" I ask, "Just wondering how you are holding up," He counters. "I'm fine I should be asking you that question you have your family plus Annie and Mags, while I only have you, mum and Mags but I at least got say one last thing to mum you didn't get to say anything to Annie or your family," I reply sadly. "I guess your right, but I'm fine really but I can't believe you volunteered for Annie, Ocean I asked you not to volunteer no matter who!" Finnick reminds me.

"I know you did Finny but when Annie's name was called I knew I couldn't let her go back in there she is already damaged from that arena, I just couldn't. I knew Mags would volunteer but I couldn't let that lovely old lady sacrifice herself because of us younger girls. I have more of a chance of survival than both those women so I did it for them and myself." I tell Finnick with strength in the voice, I knew I needed to do this not only to prove to myself I could do it but to all those who thought I won my last games because of luck and a pretty face. "I guess you right," Finnick replies in defeat, "No Finn, I am right that old lady deserves to die down near the beach where we all wish we could, you know how in my games I always stayed down near the beach right at the edge?" I say, "Yeah, I always wondered why you did that," he says. "I did it because I knew that if I died I wanted it to be down on the sand near the water because that is how I want to die, down at the beach at home but sometimes you can't have what you want." I sigh before getting under the covers, Finnick stands up, gives me a kiss on the cheek and leaves with a whisper of, "good night Ocean."

The next morning I woke up in a sweat from a nightmare about the upcoming games. When I looked at the clock next to my bed I realised that I need to be up in 5 minutes to eat then head to the styling rooms. I quickly slip into a pair of leggings and a loose top before rushing out to grab a muffin and water. "Morning!" I exclaim as I run into the dining room at top speed almost falling over my chair as I come to a stop and sit down with Diamond and a very sleep deprived Finnick, with Mags across from me. I turn to Finnick after grabbing my chocolate muffin, "Finny, what's wrong?" I ask concerned for my friend. "Nothing O, I just didn't sleep to well last night,"he mumbles almost falling asleep in his chair a large mug of coffee in front of him. "Clearly... Alright! Come on Finny we need to go to our stylists now so they can make us all pretty for the parade, I'm sure the waxing will wake you right up!" I yell in his ear making him stand up, grab my hand and pull us toward the elevator to go down to the styling suites.

When we reach the doors to our separate suites Finnick sends me a smile as we both disappear into the rooms. "Ocean!" I hear from the three crazy capitol women yell as I get hugged three times before pushed into the chair. "Darling! look at these eyebrows absolute perfection!" Fleur squeals, she has platinum blonde hair with gold face tattoos and these crazy fake blue eyes and nails, she looks somewhat normal other than the ginormous eyes. "And these Nails!" Alani squeals almost as high pitched, she has orange skin with a vibrant orange hair to match. "Darling have you been to the Capitol recently you look gorgeous!" Bexley exclaims before the three of them get to work making me look fabulous. After about 3 hours of pampering Dakota comes in and shoos the three ladies out before taking it upon herself to cover every mirror in the room. "Dakota, what are you doing that for?" I ask, "So you can't see you're costume! I warn you, your costume is very little fabric," she says before she starts dressing me in a skirt and top, when she is satisfied she takes to my face with all her make up, from what I can tell it is mainly light blues and whites. "Done!" She say when she finishes off my hair. She then removes the blanket covering the mirror in front of me, "Wow! Dakota it's beautiful!' I say speechless. It has a shell bra and a fishnet skirt with shells in the fishnet (Costume in the media). As I turn around I run to her give her a hug as we walk towards the elevators to take us down to the stables.

When I reach the stables I see everyone else standing around  talking to old friends. I walk up to Finnick as soon as I get out of the elevator. "Now, Odair are you going to talk to the Girl On Fire?" I ask over his shoulder as I am behind him, "Yes and I take it you will go talk to Johanna about the plan," He comments, "Ahh, you know me to well," I respond as we separate. "Johanna my friend how are you?" I ask cheerily faking enthusiasm, "as well as I can before I get thrown back into the arena plus my stylist is an IDIOT we are trees again like for goodness sake surely they could have come up with something a little different!!" She rages, "but you look great, at least you are wearing something more than Finn over there," she finishes. I look over at Finn and realise that he is only wearing a fishnet around his waist, "Oh boy, we seem a little under dressed but now I should go save the Girl On Fire." I tell her before walking over to Katniss and Finn.

"Oh darling, I'm very sorry about Finny here, it was my turn to walk him and I'm sorry to say I lost him but thanks to you I found him safe and sound. Also you look so daring in that outfit, can I borrow it sometime?" I ask as I stand beside Finnick. "I don't know you will have to ask Cinna but you look Fabulous," Katniss responds, "look ladies I know I look great but I think that we need to share," Finnick chuckles. "Ha ha Finny lets leave the poor girl in peace, Johanna said that she had something very important to discuss with you... so lets leave," I quip as I drag Finn away and as we leave I turn to Katniss. "Let the fire always burn bright Katniss, don't forget that," I drag Finnick to our Chariot and jump on just in time. "Now you two I want you to wave and smile at the crowd, win them over, everyone else is just going to stare straight ahead so do the exact opposite." Diamond tells us as she walks away with Mags just as we leave the stables for our little trip.

As soon as the Chariot comes to a halt Finnick jumps off and lends me his hand, "Mi'lady," "Oh Finnick such a gentleman as always," I giggle as we walk hand in hand to the elevators. When we get there we see Johanna jump into the elevator with Katniss and Peeta. "We both know what she's going to do right?" Finnick asks I nod and at the same time we say, "Strip," and start laughing on our way to get into the next elevator.

At last we reach our floor, Finnick and I say goodnight as we separate. I go into my room to take a shower and get into bed. After about 2 hours of tossing and turning I finally give up on sleeping and go to Finnick's room. "Finn can I sleep in here?" I ask when he opens the door, "'course O come on," he says as he gets back into bed and lifts the cover up for me to slide in. When we are comfortable I feel Finn's arm slip around my waist as I say, "night Finny," before falling into sleep, but not before I heard a, "night Ocean," and very quiet, "you have no idea the effect you have on me."