Embroidered Butterflies Fluttering On The SOUL

JuneTheGlassesBearer made this lovely piece of work, not me. If I had this talent, I would be rich by now. A big thanks to them too. We collaborated for on this chapter, just to make sure that everything is just right.

In any case - the confession chapter! FINALLY!

LET US SHIP THEM!

Warnings though. There are a lot of heavy things in here. The feels will come, and there will be breakdowns. This is a heavy chapter. Maybe not the heaviest, but it does have a lot of feels in it. Just saying that now.

I will also be using my own headcanons in this chapter too.

Let's jump right into what I've been waiting to make and what you've been waiting to read!

-Chapter Start-

It had taken some time before Error was ready to go see Shears. Maybe a day or two, but within the time limit to go see him once more, the one he had given to himself and Shears.

First going to a random AU filled with water, Error cleaned himself off. While he was a ruthless killer, it didn't mean he wanted Shears to see that. Wouldn't that be a fun conversation to have? The, why are you covered in blood and dust? Hopefully the new cracks and scars won't be questioned too much or at all. Some of them healed up, but others will never leave.

Once cleaned, Error made a portal to TailoredTale. At least Error has good news to tell Shears. Seems his vacation days just got a bit longer.

Stepping into the endless white that was covered with threads, Error nearly fell flat on his face at the sight before him. Instincts made sure that he caught himself though. Swiftly stepping into the small AU, the portal closing behind him, Error took in the sight before him.

Shears stood there in the small clearing as always, yet this time he was dressed far differently from usual. Shears....Shears looks like...

'A enchanting butterfly.' Error blinked, cheeks lightly dusted yellow. Twitching, Error glanced down at his own usual clothing. Did he miss something? Was he supposed to have gotten dressed up too? Did he forget? Maybe he should have worn those clothing that Shears made for him.... 'Or did Shears just feel like dressing up today?'

Others confused the glitch so much. He just never understood others.

Shaking his head, Error looked back to Shears, who noticed that he was there. Giving a smile, Error hid how much his SOUL was hurting. "ShEaRS, yOU lOOk AmaZinG." Error greeted softly, walking up to the other skeleton. "WhaT'S tHE ocCasION? DiD i FoRgET SomEthING?"

Shears flushed pink, looking up at Error slowly. With a pounding SOUL, dry mouth and so many nerves, it took everything in Shears not to faint right then and there. The complement that Error gave him didn't help his nerves, but it did fill him with confidence.

The dress was to show Error his intentions. To show that other that, yes, Shears can look good for Error. Just for Error. Shears was willing to do anything for Error, even change himself. The dress, it showed that Shears was more then willing to change for Error. For Error to say that he looks amazing made all the pain worth it. A step in the right direction of making his feelings known.

"No Error, you did not forget anything." Shears took in a deep breath. Clasping his hands together, Shears put them to his chest. "I....I have something to tell you."

Taking a step closer, Error was now within reach of Shears. Tilting his head in confusion, worry started to claw it's way up his very SOUL. The smaller skeleton looked nervous. 'Why is he nervous? Shears has nothing to fear from me.' Lightly twitching, Error could feel the other's nerves and slight apprehension. 'Does he...not want to be my friend any more?' Before Error could dive deep in the hell that is his mind, he nodded to show that he was listening.