PROLOGUE

CONTROL:PROLOGUE▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪

CONTROL:
PROLOGUE
▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪

      Even on August thirty-first, after nearly two months of sleeping and existing between the four walls, Nova Nott wasn't used to the room in the flat above Weasley's Wizard Wheezes.

      They were painted an ostentatious orange that was almost perfectly matched to the Weasley twins' hair color, so contrasting to the white walls in her old room at the Nott manor that it sometimes gave Nova headaches. Still, she'd never said anything to the twins. She knew if she did, they'd offer to paint her room in a second, and Nova didn't need them doing that for her. They'd already given her so much in the months between her fifth and sixth year, and she didn't want to burden them any longer.

      It just made her sad, she supposed. That even with their kindness and generosity, she missed the old walls of the Nott Manor. Though, she supposed that was more likely due to the fact that she knew Theo was in the Nott Manor as well.

      Even though it was officially midnight the morning of September first and she should most definitely be asleep so she wasn't cranky the next morning when she left for Hogwarts, she leaned over and flicked the lamp next to her bed on. There was a letter sitting next to the lamp, one she'd already read about a thousand times over. She knew the words by heart, but it didn't stop her from reading them again. It comforted her.

 It comforted her

      She had figured Theo wasn't writing because of their Father. Even from Azkaban, she knew he would have his ways of finding out whether or not Theo was getting in contact with her. The  I miss you that Theo had included warmed her heart more than she thought possible. It assured her. Theo had forgiven her for what she had done. If her Father never did, if he killed her for it, at least Theo had forgiven her. That was all she needed.

      A knock on her bedroom door suddenly sounded and Nova threw the note into the drawer next to her. "Come in," she said softly, sitting up against the headboard as George hesitantly walked through the room, wand lit at the end to fill Nova's room with even more light. He was silent as he sat at the end of her bed. George had been doing that a lot. Just checking in. While Fred was amazing and always asked how she was doing in terms of working her first ever job, he wasn't very in-tune with how Nova felt. George was. He checked in on her, made sure everything was okay. And for the most part, it was. "Hi, George. Can't sleep?"