III. DEFENSE AGAINST A PROMISE

CHAPTER THREE:DEFENSE AGAINST A PROMISE▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪

CHAPTER THREE:
DEFENSE AGAINST A PROMISE
▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪

      Waking up in a room with girls who hated her wasn't exactly uncommon. 

      Nova was used to Parkinson's dark glares. After all, she was still convinced that Nova was the reason behind her breakup with Malfoy. Nova had years to grow accustomed to Parkinson's glares. However, she wasn't used to the same looks from Bulstrode and Greengrass. Though, she wasn't quite sure if Greengrass was giving everyone dirty looks, on account of her still being upset over her breakup with Theo. Come to think of it, Nova didn't think Greengrass was glaring. Greengrass just looked sad. The Ice Queen Nova wouldn't have cared. But the Nova Nott from last year would have. 

      Ice Queen Nova won out, just like she had wanted.

      "You know, Millicent," Parkinson said in an annoyingly loud voice from the bathroom, where the two girls were getting ready for the day, "I'm really surprised they let Potter and his friends back for the school year. Especially when they explicitly disobeyed a professor. Guess we just have to get used to Potter and company getting special treatment." Bulstrode hummed in agreement, but didn't say anything else about the subject. She was too busy swinging her wand around to try a bunch of different hair styles until she found one she particularly liked. "Must be nice to know Dumbledore's got your back."

      Nova ignored them, standing from her bed and changing into her robes. She wasn't nearly as concerned about her appearance as Parkinson and Bulstrode. She simply tied her hair back in a thin bun at the back of her head and waved her wand around to get rid of the purple bags from underneath her eyes. That was also something new from the breakup. Nova always had trouble sleeping, but it seemed to get worse after... well, just after. George and Fred had been sweet in trying to create a potion between making joke products that might help, but even they couldn't figure it out. Because it wasn't as if Nova was plagued by nightmares. She just... had restless nights. 

      "You're missing your tie," a soft voice said from beside Nova. When Nova turned, Greengrass was holding out Nova's tie for her, that same sad expression on her face. Nova noticed that Daphne has some dark circles under her eyes too. Personally, Nova hadn't thought Theo and Greengrass's relationship had been that serious. They had only dated for a few months. Then again, hadn't Nova been in her own relationship for just a few short months? And look at how the breakup was affecting her. She took the tie from Greengrass's hands and gave her the most minute smile she could manage. Greengrass didn't smile back, simply turned and continued to get ready.

      Blaise was waiting for Nova at the bottom of the stairs. He, unlike her, looked like he had gotten plenty of sleep and was quite pleased about it. "Morning, Nova. How'd you sleep?" Blaise knew about her trouble sleeping, as that's what most of her letters home had consisted of. Still, it was their first day of classes and she didn't want to worry him. So, she simply shrugged. "Nova..." he trailed off.