Chapter 6

Chapter 6

Beloved Traitor

            My tongue was now sticking to the roof of my mouth. I could no longer feel my hands, being that my wrists were tightly secured from blood flowing into them. I tilted my head at Evan whose sights were fixated on the high tiny window above me. Kor had left the room.

            "She's not here." Evan spoke with exhaustion hovering over him. "She never was." The traitor twirled his thumbs. He seemed overwhelmed. I had the urge to call him out once more on his treachery, but instead my mind wondered. Who is she? I thought to myself. Even if I had decided to communicate with Evan, I've come to terms with the more questions I ask, the more that arise. "They are going to take you, far away from here." His tone grew irritable. "Why did you come here?" Evan's eyebrows interlocked together in confusion. Still, I bit my dry tongue. Evan acting concerned was not going to convince me.

"So tell me," I finally spoke, leaving Evan intrigued. "Who is the Red wolf? Wise one." I said sarcastic. He gazed at me for a moment; a suing uncomfortable notion. I then decided to ask the real mystery beckoning at me. "What is the Red Wolf?"

"I actually have no clue who the Red wolf is." Evan shrugged his shoulders, but then returned to the knowledge he could rely on. "But, I can tell you its purpose." He watched the door as he spoke. "Long ago King Rylee, you know, your king, had a dream. A nightmare, of a powerful Avro, King Arah, one they refer to as the Red King." Evan paused. "Because of the blood he wears as skin." Once again he eyed the door. "Somehow, he's become immune to the powerful spark of a White wolf." At that moment the ground began to come closer. My pride as a white wolf was stricken. Here I am, a white wolf who doesn't even know how to do the most powerful attack of all; the power that kills Avro Kings in seconds. Sparking is an electric power, something an average Sairen wolf is incapable of. Yet not even that is able to kill the biggest threat of all, King Arah. "A year later King Rylee had another dream, one of a Red wolf; A special being humbled and of great strength." Evan sighed. "The Sairen Wolf chosen to kill the unstoppable Red King."

 Evan became stagnant as footsteps trudged on the other side of the door. Kor waltzed back in. For some reason Kiran's dad seemed angry, a characteristic that made the two very different from one another. Kor slammed the door behind him. He grunted at the sight of me. "What's wrong boss?" Evan questioned. I nodded with frustration. Whose side was he on?

"Long story." Kor glanced over at me. "We need to get the metal band around her before she regains her strength." Kor lifted my chin. "Her pitiful strength." He scoffed. Annoyed I bit his hand in my human form. I saw Evan smirk as Kor lurched away. I began to growl, the inner wolf strutting to the surface. I heard the wall behind me crack. Snarls and fleeting paws sounded outside. Kor's teeth grinded together as he took his Avro transformation. Evan jumped to the door, blocking it with a wooden plank and then transformed as well. The bands strapped around my wrists and ankles snapped in unison. I was now in my wolf form.

Kor searched for something but couldn't find it. Just as he reached up to tear at me with his claws there was a mighty kick at the small window above me. A lose brick came tumbling down at my feet. We all looked up to find Eric knocking down a few more. Enraged, Kor opened his mouth, his fangs aimed between my neck and shoulder. Swiftly, Eric and Joey leaped inside, the two biting onto each arm to hold him back. Kor began to push himself forward but Jack and Nicole came diving in, clamping onto each of Kor's legs with their teeth.

"Evan!" Kor screeched in pain as the rest of the pack came flooding in. Evan did nothing. Instead Evan high-fived the runt. Kor gave a deadening stare at Evan. I by passed Evan's actions growling in Kor's face, this kill was mine.