12:: Nightmares

A/n italics is Marina's nightmare.
Btw sorry for not updating in a while!:)

~Marina pov~
{2am}
The fire burned as hot as the sun and I watched her run inside.
"Maman!" (Mom!) I yelled as I ran up to the door after her. I saw her standing at the end of the hall looking at me.
"C'est tout votre faute!" (It's all your fault!) She yelled before the sealing came crashing down on top of her.

I sat up with a gasp. I looked around me and calmed down. "It's just a nightmare." I mumbled to myself.
I pushed my blankets off of me and stepped onto the cold, hardwood floors of my room. I walked over to the sink in my bathroom and splashed some cold water on my face. I looked into the mirror, "just a nightmare."

I closed the door to my room and silently walked down the hallway. I walked down the stairs and into the entrance room, as I walked closer to the kitchen I heard talking.

"It's ok, Tim. Your safe now." Dick.
"Yeah kid. We won't let anything happen to you." Jason.
"If anyone tries to get you Drake I'll cut their head off!" Damian.
I heard Tim chuckle slightly "thanks, Damian."
I walked in and they all looked at me. "H-hey." I waved slightly
"Hey, Marina. What are you doing up?" Asked Dick.

I wasn't gonna tell him that I had a nightmare, so I left that part out "Just getting some water." He nodded
I walked over to the sink and grabbed a glass from the cupboard beside it, I filled the cup with water and took a sip. I could feel them all starring at me.
I turned around and instantly regretted it; there was a lit candle on the island in front of me. I froze. Anything that involves fire around this time of year reminds me of that night.
I just stared at the candle as all the memories came rushing back to me, flashing before my eyes.

~Damian pov~
Marina filled her glass with water as we all watched. Why was she really down here?
She turned around and froze when she saw the candle on the island. She dropped the glass in her hand and it shattered when it hit the floor...she didn't even notice. She just started at the candle with her mouth slightly parted, and her eyes wide.
"Marina?" Todd asked.
"Marina? You ok?" I stood up and walked over to her, keeping in mind the broken glass on the floor. I grabbed her shoulders and shook her a little. She still just kept looking at the candle, and now the others where there beside me.
"What's wrong with her?" Drake asked
"I don't know! She's just looking at that candle!" I said, shaking her more frantically. "Marina! Snap out of it!"
"The candle..." I heard Drake mutter. He blue the candle out and Marina took a sharp breath.
She blinked and looked at all of our worried faces, she then looked down at the broken glass "I-I'm sorry. I'll clean it up." She bent down and started picking up glass. We all helped her clean up the broken glass and the water.
Once we were done we all looked at her "what was that about Marina?" I asked
She looked like she was thinking for a second "I'm just really tired. I probably just fell asleep." She said giving an obviously fake yawn.
"Standing up?" Todd asked
"With your eyes open?" Added Grayson
Her mouth parted slightly as if she had nothing to say "y-yeah." She stuttered "haven't you ever done that?" She asked, chuckling nervously. She then turned around and walked out of the kitchen.
My brothers started talking "that was strange." "Yeah." " what do you think-"
I stopped listening and followed after her.
I stopped at the bottom of the stairs and looked up to the middle of the stairs where she was "Marina?"
She turned around "yeah?" She asked looking down at me.
"Are you ok?"
She bit her bottom lip and looked at her feet shaking her head.

"No."