8

It's been a week since the incident with my father happened. I haven't left my room and I even forgot how the sunlight felt against my skin. I haven't mentioned a word to my mother or my sister because it wouldn't help the fact that because I began speaking my father hates me. It's all my fault. I should have never come out gay to them.

I took in a deep breath and sighed feeling my eyes burn up. They were stuck on the dark blue ceiling above me. My breath hitched as a droplet of blood appeared on it. I blinked and rubbed my eyes before looking down.

Oh, what a bad idea that was.

As soon as my eyes landed on the walls, it looked like a murder took place here. The sound of my mother's voice echoed in my ears.

-flashback-

"Keith! Are you ok?! What's going on?!"

I leaned against the wall holding onto my stomach as the thick, warm substance tickled my fragile body.

"Keith, open the door! Baby, please!" She yelled again. I screamed and fell hard against the carpet as tears fell from my eyes. Suddenly, it was dead silent and my breathing became heavy. I couldn't stand anymore. I couldn't think straight. The only thing running through my mind was the father figure I looked up too.

'I am not going to raise a faggot in this house!' His words echoed in my head.

"Keith!" 

Leave me alone...

"Keith, open this fucking door right now!"

L-leave me alone...

"KEITH!"

"LEAVE ME ALONE!!" 

Just then, the door flew open and the next thing I knew I passed out.

-end of flashback-

"Keith." A voice spoke. I snapped out of my thoughts, breathing heavily whilst my heart raced quickly. I looked over at the door before getting up and walking over to it. I opened the door to see my little sister staring up at me.

"What do you want?" I asked Chloe. She frowned and walked passed me.

"Well, come on in won't you," I mumbled and shut the door before walking towards my bed.

"Why won't you come outside?" She asked, ignoring my comment. There was a big frown plastered on her face. She looked broken, almost the way she looked when I came out gay to dad.

"I don't know," I replied causing her to roll her eyes.

"I miss you.... a lot." She mumbled, her voice breaking at the end of her sentence. My heart shattered at the sight of her. I bit my lip as a tear rolled down her cheek.

"Gosh, I'm sorry," I uttered and pulled her into a hug as I felt tears prick my eyes.

"I'm sorry," I repeated and held her tight as she wrapped her arms around my waist.

"Please, come outside. Mom's been really distant ever since you locked yourself in this room, " She said and pulled away. I gave her a watery smile and pecked her cheek before getting up. She got up as well and walked over to the door. She opened it before walking out. I went out of the door before walking down the stairs but stopped when I heard voices coming from the kitchen.

"How's he doing?" An unknown voice said before a shuffling sound was heard.

"Who?" A familiar voice asked.