Wand Check

A/N half of you won't read this, but I'm hoping my true fans will. I love that I'm getting comments but it seems all you do is tell me to 'upload soon', I would like it if you give me some critisim to make me better, or colmpliment on a certain thing, or even yell at one of my characters (Ron) as though they were real.

Another thing, my Dad is getting a new charger for his laptop so I'll be able to upload more and more.

*~*

Why do things seem to always happen to me?

That thought had been running through my mind the whole day. Even before I kew about magic things seem to try to break me down, as though wandering how far they could bend me till I break. I've been bullied, but I never cried before them, my aunt and uncle and couson half-way starved me, but I never begged them for food like a dog, and people seemed to either love me or hate me, there was no in-between for me. Love or hate. Those were the only emotions people had ever felt for me.

I was never just an aquentence. I was always something to somebody. I was important. I used to think I was something less then an animal, less then a slug. But no, it was far worse then that, I was useful.

Your probably thinking I'm an idiot for thinking this, that I should loosen my ego; if only I could. Voldemort wanted to use me to help kill people, teachers wanted to use me to set an example for the class, Bonnie wanted to use me to help her with her family problems, Dani wanted to use me to become alive again, sometimes I even felt like Dumbledore wanted to use me. I just didn't know what for.

I could live with those. They were natural, Bonnie needed a friend, Dani needed a lifeline. I was glad to help. But what if Cedric wanted to use me. Did he want his already overflooding popularity to become greater? Did he want me, Nixie Potter, to have a crush on him so he could brag about it - even become world famous?

For most people popularity is a gift, not for me. For me it's a curse. This curse killed my parents, this curse kept Harry and me hidden for ten years, this curse was bending me, and I wasn't sure how long it would take me to snap.

The next few days were some of my worst at Hogwarts. The closest I had ever come to feeling like this had been during those months, in my second year, when Tom Riddle had controlled me and I felt isolated from everyone, even my brother. But my misery had ended when I looked into the eyes of the Basilisk, then I found Dani. And we always had fun together.

I could understand the Hufflepuffs' attitude, even if I didn't like it; they had their own champion to support. I expected nothing less than vicious insults from the Slytherins - I was highly unpopular there and always had been, because I had helped Gryffindor beat them so often, both at Quidditch and in the Inter-House Championship. But I had hoped the Ravenclaws might have found it in their hearts to support me as much as Cedric. I was wrong, however. Most Ravenclaws seemed to think that I had been desperate to earn myself a bit more fame by tricking the goblet into accepting my name.

Things were worse for Harry. Sure the houses were giving me the cold shoulder, but they seemed to be down right unpleasant to my brother. I should have been happy about this, but I felt sort of insulted. Were the Houses too sexist to thin they could insult a grl?

"I don't now why I'm so defensive, but I am! I said bitterly to Neville as I helped him with his potions essay. "Whats the differance between Harry and I? Besides the obvious, of course..."

"You're cute." Neville said unconsciosly.

"What?" I stuttered. Okay, i didn't stutter, but I had that look on my face that people have wen they do stutter.