Tears of a Friend

I blinked in surprise as Dumbledore said it. We were silent for a moment. The silence was't awkward or comfortable but it did feel as though everything had frozen. Dumbledore's blue eyes searched my face, though no emotion was on it, my face was frozen blank.

Finally, I spoke, "If I just created that spell, I don't know how. Won't it be more difficult to creat a spell now..."

"You seem to have mastered your powers," Dumbledore said with a smile. "The teachers told me you've been doing much better in classes after the first task."

"I have?" I blinked, I wasn't working any harder. In fact, I've been very distracted lately, ever since Ced and I became a couple. "I haven't noticed."

"Yes, you seem very distracted lately," Dumbledore's beard twitched. I felt my face warm up, did the other teachers mention how much they caught Ced and I snogging in abandoned corridors? "So tell me, Nixie. When was the last time you spent time with your friends?"

I bit my lip guiltily, then I got mad at myself for feeling so guilty. "Why does that matter?"

"Just a mere question," Dumbedore didn't seem abashed at my harsh tone, on the contrary, he seemed amused. I didnt like it.

"Are we done?" I said, my eyes burned red and I glanced around the room, making sure he didn't see. "I'm meeting Cedric later."

"Of course," Dumbledore leaned back in his chair and studied me. "Have fun."

"Yeah... alright," I got to my feet and swept out of the room without a second glance back.

I slammed the door behind me, blinked the red out of my eyes and ran down the spiral staircase.

"Cedric?" I called. I was back in the abandoned corridor, but I didn't see my Ced. "Ced?"

I checked every nook and cranny, searching for Cedric, but he wasn't there. Only when the bell ring did I realise that Cedric left because class was starting... and I was going to be late.

I rushed down th many stairs and ran across the entrance hall, then ran up one set of stairs and to the Transfiguration classroom.

"Ah, Nixie, right on time," McGonagall said, looking up from her papers. "Take a seat."

I blushed and nodded. I took a seat right next to Danielle Johnson, who I have forgotten.

"Hi, I suppose you're going to blank me out too?" I asked payfully, secretly hoping that it wasn't true.

"No," Dani whispered as McGonagall started her lesson. "I'm sorry I haven't talked to you. It's just that Fred and George don't like Cedric and I didn't want to start a fight with them."

"Is that the same reason why everyone else is ignoring me?" I asked, glancing at Harry, Ron, and Hermione who were sitting in the back.

Dani's eyes fickered over to the three. "No. Harry is busy worrying about the second task, Hermione is busy worrying about Harry, and Ron is just pleased that Harry is talking to him again... Ron misses you though."

"Really?" I raised one eyebrow.

Dani grinned at me and shook her head. "Yeah, he really... well, I promise I wouldn't tell you."

"Tell me what-"

"Mm mm," Dani shook her head then frowned. "I'm sorry we never spoke before this... I guess we've both been distracted with boys."

"There's no doubt about that," I smiled, Cedric's face popped in my mind, his crooked smile as breath taking as ever.

Dani smirked at the look in my eyes and turned back to the front, where McGonagall was telling Harry and Ron off for playing with a fake wand from Fred and George.