First Kiss

My eyes fluttered open and I became aware of my surroundings.

I was in a bed that was as soft as a cloud, the ceiling was white like the walls and there was another row of beds on the other side of the room. Then I became aware of a warm, familiar hand in mine.

I turned my head and stared into the most beautiful eyes I had ever seen. Ced.

"You're awake," he said, he sounded pleased. "Finally, I've been here all day."

"All day?" I asked, surprised of how weak my voice sounded.

"Madame Promfrey told me to tell you not to talk, or you'll lose your voice for a week," Cedric said with a crooked grin.

I rolled my eyes and hoped that the dim lights hid the blush that formed up my cheeks as I thought about the other things we could be doing with our lips other then talking...

"I seen what you did to face your dragon," Cedric said. "Bloody brilliant. I never thought of using a broom... And that spell you used - I've never even heard of it!"

I smiled as he explained in detail of how he managed to face his dragon.

"You know you have the most points," Cedric said, then, seeing the shock in my face, he explained. "Sure the judges docked points off for the poison but not even Karkaroff can deny that you had impressive stradegy."

I smirked.

"You really scared me when you past out, though," Cedric ranted, he seemed to forget I was here. "I thought I wasn't rubbing the cream on right. But then Madame Profrey said the cream made you fall asleep so you won't feel any pain as the cream burned away all the poison... But I'm sure you don't want to hear the details."

I shook my head.

"... Rita Skeeter visited after you passed out. She wanted to know where you got the idea and stuff but I didn't answer, I figured you enjoyed your privacy."

The more he ranted the more aware I was of how warm his hand was in mine and how cute he was when he worried.

"We should go swimming," I blurted out in a weak voice.

He turned sharply towards me. "I told you that you couldn't talk, Nix."

'Please', I mouthed.

He looked at me oddly. "You really want to go swimming...? Fine. Come on."

I smiled and got out of the plush bed and stumbled to my feet. A little buzzing noise went by me and Cedric and I watched as a small beetle flew by us.

"That was... random," Cedric laughed, wrapping his arm around my waist and walking us both to the double doors.

He told me to meet him at the front doors of Hogwarts and we both left top our Common Rooms. I quickly ran up the stairs, went through the portrait, ran up the girls' stairs, grabbed a tanktop and shorts and left to meet up with Cedric.

"You made it," Cedric said.

I grinned at him and raised my eyebrows.

"You take forever," he eplained. "Is your common room that far away."

I nodded and we both left to the grounds of Hogwarts.

The grounds of Hogwarts seemed more alive tonight. The grass was greener, the trees were healthier, the sky had a nice inky blue to it that almost resembled Bonnie's eyes, the moon was full and had a blue tint to it and it seemed larger then normal. It hovered over the black lake and the liht reflected off the still lake and made it glimmer. It was either that nature seemed to be taking very well of itself or Cedric made everything beautiful to me.

"It's beautiful tonight," Cedric murmered, mirroring my thoughts.

I smiled at him and took out my wand. I flashed the tanktop and shorts on and in my hands were the robes  wore to fight the dragon. Cedric stared at me for a moment before shaking his head as though to clear some thoughts and flashed himself into his shorts.

Moment for the embarassing truth, I stared at him too.

'Let's go', I mouthed to him with a grin.

I waved at him and ran to the lake. I jumped straight in and felt the cold water stab me and sent my teeth chattering. I swam back up and pushed the wet hair out of my face. Cedric smiled at me before walking in. Less dramatic then mine but it still worked out well because the longer it took him to get in the water, the more I could ogle.

"So, any reason why you chose swimming?" Cedric asked, finally in the water and swimming right in front of him.

"I love to swim," I said, my voice stronger. "I guess I wanted to share that interest with someone else."

"Why not your brother?"

"He's been busy."

"Hermione?"

"She's been obsessing with protecting Harry."

"Harry Potter is your brother, I know for a fact that he can take care of himself."

"That's not what others seem to think," I smiled, sinking lower into the water and swimming closer. "They want to pamper my brother till he spoiled. Watch, next year, he'll be whining when things don't go his way."

Cedric smirked at me, his eyes amused. I grimaced, was he not taking me seriously?

"What?" I asked, a little annoyed.

"You're really jealous," He laughed.

I pouted. "Well, of course I am. He's stealing my best friend and the professors are practically bending at his mercy."

Cedric grinned and pulled me closer to him. I glanced around and was pleased to see that no one was watching.

I wrapped my arms around his neck and he wrapped his around my waste. Before I knew it, he was kissing me.

Emidiatly, I kissed him back, my fingers tangling in his brown curls and pressed myself against him. I was no longer cold, everything seemed so warm, like I was on fire... The strange thing was that it wasn't just my skin that was warm, it was inside me also, I felt so blissful, so happy. I signed into the kiss.

We pulled away a long... long whle later and he walked me back up to the castle, our hands never parting.