Rivalry & Rendezvous

Ghouls weren't all peaceful together like in the 20th ward where I live. Where the Anteiku is. In some there is harsh rivalry and some ghouls want to take over the whole ward.

There ghouls even eat other ghouls because they want to get rid of them or because they want to become stronger. Or both. I've never been to such a district and don't want to either.

~

Friday. The big day. I'm as excited as I'm scared. Hopefully he is as nervous as me. He seemed pretty cold didn't really smile so he probably isn't used to dating just didn't seem like the kind of guy that enjoys dating too often. I guess he's nervous too then. Good. So I'm not the only one. He might ask himself what he agreed to and honestly, same. I don't know what I did there and why.

But when I think of that pretty smile he gave me at one point I still look forward to getting to know him. Why shouldn't a ghoul have fun too? As long as I can control myself and don't eat him. I wouldn't stand a chance anyway if he's an investigator which is still a possibility.

Nervous as hell I enter the Modern at five before six in the afternoon. I choose to sit in a booth at the back so we could talk without being interrupted. The waiter approaches me and asks, "Would you like to order?"

"Not yet, I'm waiting for my date", I reply and after wishing me good luck the waiter goes away. 

At six o'clock sharp he enters the cafe and I realize that I'm really stupid. I. Never. Asked. His. Name. How dumb can someone be? Well that dumb I guess. But whatever he didn't ask either. It was a rushed situation anyway.

"Hello, I'm Koutarou Amon and we have a date if I remember right?", the man, Koutarou Amon, says as he reaches the table. Smooth introduction might I say. He seems to have noticed our lack of name knowledge and he swiftly ereased half of it. He talked very much like we had a businessmeeting  but I'll give him that he's probably just nervous. Now that he introduced himself it's my turn to erease the other half of the problem.

"Pretty name I must say", he says with a light smile after I introduced myself and he sits down at the table. The smile is back! It's already going well. "Thank you, Koutarou", I try his name on my tongue and I definitely like the sound of it. 

The waiter shows up again and this time we order. I notice the waiter smiling knowingly because I told him before that I waited for a date. And he might or not might have look a bit longer at Koutarou as if to look what kind of man I got myself.

I notice that because I'm a waitress and I've done it too before.

"One black coffee, please", I say and Koutarou (I'm growing fond of that name) orders the same but with a piece of chocolate cake. Delicious, I guess. Humans seem to be very fond of it. But what do I know.

Luckily Koutarou goes over the fact that I don't eat anything. He probably doesn't care. Seems logical actually because why would he ask? It's my business. But I'm pretty paranoid when I don't eat when everyone else does. I fear they might think weird of me or suspect something. What if he is an investigator and notices that I just order coffee and nothing to eat? 

But I can't eat now I'm already sick to the stomach because of my nervosity. 

"A nice café, good choice", Koutarou says trying to start a conversation.

"Yes, I think so too, I first came here when..."