All Things End

Sometimes things have to end.

~

He pulls his coat from his chair and puts it on while I do the same with my jacket. He isn't that great anyway. He wouldn't even have time for a relationship he's too focused on work. Yeah. And I'M A GHOUL. Let's not forget that.

"Um, well, that was nice but... erm... I don't think we should meet up again, I guess", I awkwardly say. Isn't it too soon to say this? You don't even know him properly he could be different. Isn't that a kinda stupid thing to say after one date? I'M A GHOUL.

"Oh, erm... I too found it enjoyable. But if you don't wanna... and I guess my work is my life and I don't have time for something. That's probably why you don't want... it's fine"

He sounded awkward too but he didn't stutter that much. And kinda robotic. Wow, he has his shit better together than me. Well he took it like an adult. Good thing. I couldn't handle someone crying right now.

"Well, then our ways part here", I say and, ah fuck it, hug him. Pretty weird because he's way taller than me. Can he smell that I'm a ghoul? You're the ghoul here idiot.

Firstly he kinda flinches away from my touch but then he hugs back. After a short time we each step back.

"Goodbye then, Koutarou Amon", I couldn't resist but say his name once again.

"Goodbye", he replies rather distantly.

I turn around and head to the door. I don't hear his steps behind me he is probably waiting till I am gone. When I pass the entrance I shortly smell something ghoulish but don't pay it any attention because there might just be another ghoul in here.

~Amon's POV~

The date was better than I had thought. I actually enjoyed it which I surely didn't expect.

But duty is calling. I was stupid enough to tell her that I work at the CCG but it doesn't matter. Even though I could tell she was stressed by that and rejected me because of that. She hid it well but she wanted to get away as fast as possible.

But now I have to follow her. I exit the café and see her going down the sidewalk to the left. I go left too. We walk a while about ten metres apart then she disappears. She went left into an alleyway. The moon was already up and the alley was dark. I walk faster trying not to make too much sound but she must have heard me anyway. She turns around and cautiously asks, "Are you following me? Who are you? Wait... Koutarou?"

I touch the button on my silver suitcase which I hid next to the door of the coffee shop. My quinque appears and I can see how her eyes instantly turn red at the sight of it. Her kagune forms behind her but it looks faded. She seems like she hasn't eaten in a while. Good. This makes it easier for me.

~

There she lies. Dead. DEAD. Finally. Another ghoul slaughtered. Another disgusting creature wiped from this earth. This is what I live for. To clean the earth from this filth that has killed, eaten so many innocent humans already.

She was the same. She played so nice but I knew all along what she was. My mission was to watch her and when an occasion appears to kill her. And stupid as she was she asked me out on a date. Ha! Of course I agreed. Perfect chance to complete my mission.

Now this undeserving creature is finally dead. How many humans did she kill before I ended her dirty existence?

I turn away from the corpse disgusted and call the CCG to tell them that I have completed my mission.

I can't wait for the next one.