Crimson

(THIS STORY IS NOT MEANT TO SHIP THE REAL COUNTERPARTS OF THESE CHARACTERS. I AM NOT TRYING TO DO ANYTHING WITH THE REAL PEOPLE. THEY'RE ALL AMAZING PEOPLE THAT DON'T DESERVE THAT TYPE OF CRAP. I BEG YOU, STOP HARRASSING THEM. TORD IS LITERALLY IN HIDING. COME ON. THE FU--)

THIS WILL CONTAIN SLIGHT GORE, HARSH LANGUAGE, TOMTORD, EDDMATT, PAUTRYK, AND THE RED LEADER AU HEADCANON.

VIEWER DISCRETION ADVISED.

Crimson Half (12.20.17)

The footsteps of Tord's combat boots echoed throughout the hallway leading to his office. In the mood he was in, he could injure someone beyond repair.

Oh, wait, that's what he's going to do.

The moment Tord walked into his office, the two soldiers, 768 and 891 both had a look of mixed terror and confusion... and also regret. They still tried to look somewhat stern, but they were failing miserably. Tord got behind his desk and didn't sit down. He looked at the two with a completely blank look. It immediately faded when he yelled to the top of his lungs, echoing through the base. "You two fuck-ups messed up BAD THIS TIME," he shouted. The two soldiers flinched as 768 tried to defend himself. "BOSS, THEY WERE GOING TO KILL US, WE HAD TO TALK--" "IN THE RED ARMY, YOU DIE WITH PRIDE," Tord interrupted. "THE DUMBASSES YOU ARE COULDN'T EVEN KEEP YOUR FUCKING MOUTHS SHUT." 891 and 768 just looked down, unable to move from the handcuffs around their wrists and ankles. Tord took a breath and sighed. He ran a hand through his hair. "You should've died with them," Tord said, shattering the silence into pieces.

"Because I'm going to do something MUCH worse."

 ***

The screams of 768 terrified 891, having to listen to those terrifying noises. Terrifying.... terrific...-- no, keep it together. He was going insane. He couldn't avoid it, the sounds of his partner from the room next to him, the screaming, the cutting, the piercing of skin... so satisfying... wait, what...?

Silence reigned. A thump from the next room indicated that the job was done. The body left so much blood that 891 could barely see the crimson liquid on the floor outside the door. It seeped into his room. Tord's heels clacked against the floor into his room. There was no conversation, unlike with 768.

...

"You ever had to have your arm cut off?"

***

"Tom, get that flask out of your mouth, we're gonna look for someone today," Edd said. Tom put the flask in his pocke-- oh, they're full. Uhm, in his hoodie—oh, it's raining. He just puts it in his hair and calls it a day. "Where are we going?" "Sssssssssomewhere." "And where is this somewhere?" Matt interjected the two. "WE'RE GOING TO A PLACE!" Edd and Tom stared at Matt with a "wtf" look. Matt sunk back with those faces looking at him with a "you have disappointed me" look. He grabbed his two suitcases, one filled with clothes and belongings and the other with pictures of him and mirrors. "Edd, it's been a week and you still haven't told me where we're going." "Well, if you really want to know..." "Yyyyeah I sort of do." "Alright, alright." Tom took a sip from his flask. "We're going to find Tord." Tom immediately spat it out and started coughing. "THE COMMI—kff THE COMMIE?!"

Edd grabbed Tom's suitcase and his own and put them in the car. Tom still tried to decline going. "EDD, I'M NOT GONNA FIND THAT ASSHOLE!" Edd interjected. "LANGUAGE." "EDD, I HATE HIM, AND I'M NEVER GOING TO LOOK FOR HIM. I HOPE HE'S DEAD." Tom was partially lying and he knew it. "TOM, WATCH IT." "EDD--" Edd interrupted his ramblings with a pissed off look. "TOM, THIS ISN'T UP FOR DEBATE. I DON'T CARE IF YOU HATE HIM, JUST DON'T TALK TO HIM. HE WAS OUR FRIEND." "HE KILLED OUR NEIGHBOR!" "EVERYONE DESERVES A SECOND CHANCE. GET IN THE CAR, WE'RE NOT FIGHTING OVER THIS." Matt put down his popcorn as Tom got into the car, grumbling under his breath. Edd put in the key and the engine turned over. The ride to Tord's house wasn't far. 45 minutes maximum. Tom was still pissed, but also... scared. What if Tord is dead? What if Tord still hates him? ... what if Tord won't... Tom just sat with his eyes tearing up. Matt looked from the back seat, seeing Tom nearly crying. "Tom, are you ok?" Tom flinched and immediately wiped his tears. Edd looked at him from the corner of his eye. "I... s-sorry I'm fine..." Edd stopped the car over the red light and tried to help. "Tom, you can talk to us..." "Edd, it's fine, ok?" Matt and Edd gave each other a worried look before Edd continued at the signal of the green light. The next 38 minutes was silent, as none of them knew what to ask or say. "We're here, Tom, you don't have to come." "Nono, I can try it." The trio knocked on the door, all worried.

A man in orange with shaggy hair and a cigarette in his mouth answered the door. "Hello?" Tom felt his heart nearly drop. "Is Tord here?" "Actually, he's out at work, he does live here. How do you know who he is?" "Actually, we're his friends." Tom decided not to do the cliché "I'm not your friend" schtick. He had a look of shock on his face. "Uhm... y-... I-... uh..." Edd raised his brow in confusion. Tom still tried to not have a look of worry on his face.

"C-Come in."