Nothing

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA GOD--

THIS IS GONNA BE SHORT FOR A LITTLE TIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIINY TRANSITION.

* * *

Tord, Paul, Pat, Matt, and Edd all were talking in the other room about the earlier events while Tom sat outside the room, contemplating everything. He hated him, but he loved him. He wanted to never see him again, yet he was so relieved seeing him. He almost wanted to HUG him for God's sake. He sat in total silence, staring at the floor with his cold, blank eyes that would turn so emotional when Tord was around. He was just a bump on a log.

"Tom?"

Tom jumped at the calling and looked to the half open door with Paul peeking through. "You alright?" Tom simply nodded blankly and went back to staring at the nothing that was the carpet. Paul sat down next to him, wondering what was going through his head. Tom and Paul were completely silent.

" . . . nothing."

Paul cocked his eyebrow. "What?" Tom just repeated his statement. "Nothing. I felt nothing." Paul had to take a moment to understand. "Tom, you thought you killed someone and you felt no remorse?!" "not a single bit." Paul just stared in amazement. He'd killed thousands and still had some sort of remorse. "Tom, you... you-- you at least told your friends...?  You told someone about your numbness? You TRIED to feel something...?"

Tom had no response.

" nothing. "