Just Work

(Happy New Year!)

I'M MAKING THIS AT MIDNIGHT AFTER BEING UP FOR AT LEAST 15 HOURS. I'M SORRY IF THIS IS TERRIBLE.

***

Tord came out of 891's room, coat stained in blood, as it had been many times before.

He took off the crimson-stained coat and walked to his office. He read a few quick reports and status on the rivaling army. Once he was finished, he decided to get his items and leave. He nearly forgot his paperwork to fill in at home. His phone vibrated in his pocket. He slung it out, lazily.

***

                                                    DAD T.V.
                                                 1:28 PM

< hey paul heading home

                                                1:37 PM
                                                             lol sure said that a while ago >

< -_-

                                                               hey listen, your friends are   >

                                                               over here, looking for yuo

                                                                                                            you*   >

Tord felt his heart drop to his foot. He put the phone in his pocket and ran to his car at top speed. He was close to speeding when driving home. His heart throbbed in his chest.

He was so nervous and...

so relieved.

* * *

Tom was sitting on the couch, slumping over with his face depending against his hand. Edd, Matt, Paul, and Pat were all talking, bonding in a conversation. Tom looked so incredibly bored, but on the inside was the total opposite. He was listening in on their conversation, listening to every word. Matt's topic about mirrors and himself, (as usual.) Edd trying to change the two men drinking Pepsi to switch to the Cola side, and Paul and Pat telling them about themselves.

Edd switched them to the cola side after 15 minutes of pleading. 

Everyone was just relaxing until the door seemed to divaricate faster than the speed of light. Matt fell off the couch, Edd had every single aspect of himself turn white, Tom froze, and Paul and Pat had no reaction.

Tord was standing in the doorway, his arm outstretched against the door, which now had a large crack in it. 

"... guys..."

Tom was completely pale.

Edd was speechless.

Matt was unnerved.

Tord was completely horrified.

Edd got up to speak. "Tord..." Tord slightly stepped back when he saw him take a step. "Tord, what...?" "stay away from me." Edd embossed his eyebrow. Matt interjected, standing to his feet. "What?" Tord backed away. "Stay away from me." Edd reached a hand out to him. "Tord, we just want to help--" Tord instantly swatted his hand away. Edd flinched and took his hand away. Tord backed away to the doorway, nearly falling off the stairs, narrowly catching himself. Edd walked to him, a worried expression on his face. "Tord--" Tord interrupted him with a shaky voice. "pleasedont--imsorryididntmeanforthistohappenpleasedonthurtme" Edd, Tom, and Matt all had tears form in their eyes. "Tord, what...?" Tord just stood there, tears flowing down his cheeks as if they were waterfalls.

Edd walked towards him and stopped in front of him. He tried to have a stern face, even though it seemed like he'd cry at any moment. Tord looked down, closing his eye, expecting the worst. Edd simply hugged tord as if he would never let go of him.

"... We forgive you."