Epilogue

A/N: My hand slipped. I'm going to miss writing this too much.

CLOVE POV AS USUAL

"You knew?" he mutters from across the room, his silver suit ready for the Capitol flinching in the sunlight. "You knew I was alive?"

"Cato," I sigh. It's been five years, no wonder he's mad. But he had to understand I couldn't say anything, not too soon after. Not until now.

I smoothe down my now light brown, short hair. Cinna said lighter brown would suit me better, anyway, and I liked it. As for the cut, it's a lot easier to manage now it's Cato's length.

A lot has happened in five years, I think. The Victory Tour was living hell. I cried at the large number of three different districts, One and Four, and can you believe it, I even shed a tear for Katniss. Turns out Prim was the sister she volunteered for, the one that got everyone all hyped up about her. The little blonde girl with the empty eyes and hollow cheeks. I offered them money, food, but they wouldn't take it. Not from me.

Four was where Ember was, and Tory. It only just occured to me as we were pulling into the beach that Glimmer said Tory had a child. She was lovely, a little blonde baby that couldn't even walk yet. The girl who was apparently her mother had flowing auburn hair and sad eyes. Everyone had sad eyes, everyone but me.

One was worst. In many ways, Glimmer was a better friend to me than Cato was, in the arena. I still don't like thinking about it, all the times Glimmer saved me, and Marvel was the same. Even Cato teared up there. I only wish I'd been able to offer them something more than just a speech. It didn't even cut how much we missed them.

Then it was normal, or normal-er. Cato and I live either side of Enobaria in Victor's Village, but I'm pretty much staying at Cato's 24/7. Since the interview, I've been like a limpet, terrified that if I let go of him again something awful would happen. Plus, my sister's been bringing home a wide variety of one night stands lately, not only boys, but girls and men and women and sometimes all four at once. I tell myself I'm lucky she's laying off the alcohol, but to be quite honest I'd prefer to not be around. You should see them all in the mornings.

We're mentors, now. Sometimes. Often it's Enobaria again or somebody else, but the Capitol like us best, so we've done two years already. This will be the third. The kids in the dining car look good, the boy not so much, but the girl seems pretty butch. And we've heard they're good in training. So here we are now, and I know it's not the perfect ending, kids are still dying and you can still tell by the empty eyes you see sometimes, but I'm happy. Cato's happy. So what else can you do?

"Why didn't you say something?" he says softly, straightening up my necklace. "I've been pissed at Snow for years over that stunt,"

"It's complicated," I murmur, letting him lean me against the wall gently, kissing him softly. "I'm sorry I never said,"

He doesn't answer, but the look on his face says it's fine. If it's not, he'd not going to say anything anyway, because we have to be so over the top for the Capitol, or in the words of Enobaria, 'if you two idiots don't look in love, Snow'll fuckin' kill us'.

Apparently, we can't do anything right. But the way I see it, we're doing just fine.

A/N: yay.. not yay... sadness :( THATS IT BYE I LOVE YOU CONTINUE TO READ I MIGHT POST SOMETHING ELSE OMG OMG OMG IT'S PROPERLY FINISHED CAN I WRITE AN EPILOGUE TO THE EPILOGUE? HEHE NOPE OKAY THANK YOU SO MUCH AGAIN I COULDN'T HAVE FINISHED THIS WITHOUT YOUR SUPPORT <3

A/N: (edit) Hello everyone, so although I'm not gonna do a sequel to this, I've written a couple of Harry Potter fics, so if you liked this (and also my writing is now a lot lot better, trust) please go give them some love!!! I mean everyone likes Harry Potter, right? I love all you guys so much thank you for making CHFT so successful, it really means the world to me and I truly never ever expected it to become this popular <3 -clatoforeverx