Chapter 6

Birdpaw watched on as the warriors surrounded them, taking the rogue Waterclaw had called 'Fang' hostage. Her heart was still racing from when he attacked her, she was especially greatful for her brother's comforting tail making her feel safer. Branchfall was explaining what had happened to the clan deputy, when there was a sudden cry for help and they all rushed to the source.
Fang had his teeth fastened around Blizzardpelt's scruff and another larger cream coloured she-cat was pinning the warrior down, a russet-furred tom had Morningheather in his jaws and behind him stood a pale grey she-cat. Rogues.
Birdpaw bared her teeth, Branchfall braced himself and Birdpaw felt Firepaw tense at her side, Waterclaw had fury burning in his pale green gaze, his black and white fur raised in defiance. The russet tom laughed cruelly, "Your territory?" He snarled.
"For how much longer?" The pale grey she-cat spoke up.
"Forever! This has always been LightClan territory!"growled Morningheather through gritted teeth, frisking, trying to loosen the rogue's grip on him.
"That's what you think." She hissed, the cats all were stuck, if the warriors attacked then they would be out numbered.
"Let's leave these pathetic creatures to wallow in their failure today, and prepare ourselves for more victories." The Cream coloured she-cat said, releasing Blizzardpelt, who whipped around and clawed air, because she had already disappeared into the surrounding bush, the others quickly followed, Waterclaw, Crowpaw and the other warriors chased after them, leaving Birdpaw and her brother.
"Let's go!" He said, excitement and fear all mixed, showing in his voice. They bolted after them, through the thicket and the trees, until they came to the edge of their territory, where they're warriors were pacing furious, agitated and confused at the bottom of a twoleg fence.
"They're gone!" Morningheather growled, throwing himself angrily at the fence.
"We have to tear those trespassers to shreds!" Crowpaw added heatedly.
"No, we need to report this to Nettlestar." Waterclaw said seriously, "No one else should get hurt because of these rogues."
Birdpaw felt a shiver run down her spine as she asked, "Where did they go?"
"Over the fence." Branchfall hissed, obviously scared for the safety of his new kits and mate.
"Let's go and tell the clan." Blizzardpelt concluded.
####################
"Let all cats old enough to catch their own prey gather beneath the highrock for a clan meeting." Nettlestar called.
The clan gathered around Birdpaw and her brother, their ears perked up in interest, attentive and listening. Once the clan had settled, she began,
"Today, a hunting patrol came across a group of hostile rogues who claim to own that part of our territory. From now on I would like more than four warriors on each patrol and they must be on high alert, at least one senior warrior, myself or Waterclaw must also accompany any patrol around that area." She announced, the clan murmured, fear and anger resided in they're worried voices.
"We can't cower! We must attack!" Silverwater called and several cats amongst them shouted agreement, including Crowpaw. Birdpaw was still unsure of what to do, but she thought that what Nettlestar thought what was best was best, but she also knew that the clan couldn't cower forever. She shuddered to think what would happen if the rogues got into camp, if the warriors were all out on patrol there would be no one left to protect the nursery or the elders.
"We shall see, but I don't want anyone attacking without being provoked, or without my go ahead." Nettlestar told them sternly, the clan nodded.
"Right, I want to give the younger apprentices some battle training just in case so Waterclaw is in charge until I return."
She added, then, just before the clan could turn their attention to the LightClan deputy, Nettlestar added a final note, "and I would like to acknowledge the bravery of Crowpaw, who instinctively ran to find help and essentially saved lives. Also Branchfall, who tried to keep the peace, and when that seemed impossible, he saved Birdpaw's life."
Then she leaped down from the highrock and gestured to her apprentice, Eaglefeather and Lionfur followed, Pinepaw appeared from the medicine cat den moments later.
"What happened to you?" Birdpaw asked and Pinepaw looked at her sheepishly.
"I stood on a thorn on patrol this morning..." he said
"And he acted like a kit without it's mother." Rockpaw added from where he stood a few fox lengths away. They all burst out laughing, even Pinepaw was fighting a grin.
"Hey! You lot!" Nettlestar called from across the clearing, Rockpaw wandered off and the three younger apprentices bolted over to their mentors and they all made their way over to the training ground.
Birdpaw had excitement coursing through her and almost making her forget about the attack, until they reached the thicket that surrounded the sandy clearing.
"Ok, I want to start you on battle training early, just in case you get attacked again." They nodded, and Birdpaw could tell that Pinepaw was hardly able to control himself, from the waves of excitement that were coming off him.
"Right, let's start with how to get an attacker off yourselves if they have pinned you down. That seems the most relevant to our current situation." Lionfur informed them. They lined up at the edge of the clearing while Eaglefeather and Nettlestar stepped out into the middle to demonstrate.
Eaglefeather positioned himself on top of the clan leader, one paw on her head and the other on her shoulder. Nettlestar then twisted her back half around and plunged her paws into his soft underbelly. Eaglefeather leaped backwards, winded and the golden furred she-cat flipped herself back onto all four paws, she turned to Eaglefeather and apologised.
"I'm so sorry Eaglefeather, I kicked too hard."
"It's alright Nettlestar, now apprentices, do not hesitate to unsheathe your claws when you kick, but not in training. Also in that moment when the opponent is winded you should use that to your advantage." Eaglefeather replied.
"Now let's try that technique. Pinepaw, you first." Lionfur instructed, Eaglefeather positioned himself over his apprentice and Pinepaw tried to replicate Nettlestar's back-turn but Birdpaw could see that he was having trouble reaching that height while pinned down.
"I can't reach." He said embarrassed.
"That's alright, you can try again later, Birdpaw would you like to try?" Lionfur asked. Birdpaw stepped forward, Eaglefeather got in the proper position and she felt terror engulf her as she remembered Fang holding her down, she remembered fear and pain. Her vision glazed over and instead of Eaglefeather, she saw Fang, his broken teeth dripping with her blood and a malicious glint in his eyes.
"Help!" She gasped, Eaglefeather immediately got off her, she sensed his regret and worry as soon as she spoke.
"I'm sorry! Did I hurt you? I didn't use my claws." He fretted,
"No, I just remembered Fang. It scared me." She replied standing.
"Fang?" He asked,
"The rogue that attacked me." She answered.
"Oh. Well, you can give it another try later. Firepaw would you like to try?"
------------------------------------------------------------
Hey guys! Please feel free to comment... plz comment!!! Sorry, anyway are these too long or are an ok length or if they need to be longer... anyway thanks for reading!!!! Also I am editing these as I go so plz comment any mistakes!!!