Stuck

I'm really sorry that it took so long to update you will not believe how crazy it's been for me lately! I'll try to make the next chapter longer!

~Kiersten

(Stef's POV)

"You know if you don't pick up the phone, they can't negotiate with you." I told him as the phone rang for the forth time.

We watched him pace as he turned to glare at me, but he snatched the phone up nonetheless. 

"What?" he snapped into it. Whatever they were telling him annoyed him and he rolled his eyes.

"They're FINE." he told them. They said something else and he sighed. He held the phone towards us. 

"Say something so they know you're alive or whatever."

Neither Mariana or Callie said anything so I spoke for all three of us. "We're okay." I said quietly. Satisfied, he pulled the phone away. 

"See?" he told them. "Now that we've gotten THAT cleared up, I have some demands...and if you want these three to get out alive, I better get them."

He listened to their response and scoffed. "You don't need to know my name." 

He listened some more. "No!" he said loudly, making all three of us jump. 

"I will not listen to YOUR terms until mine are completed."

There was a noise from behind us. We all turned.

"Ah." he said into the phone. "It looks like another one has come join the party.

It was Lena. She stood, frozen in the doorway as the sight before her sank in.

"Who would she be?" he asked me. "I don't suppose she's like your sister?"

"She's my wife." I said, annoyed.

This was apparently amusing to him as he cracked up. "Your WIFE?" he repeated. "So wait, you guys are lesbians?"

"If we weren't, then our relationship would be very awkward." I retorted.

He ignored my comment and focused again on the phone. Until one of my conditions are confronted, I will not obey your's." 

He slammed the phone down and turned to face us again.

Lena just looked at me, unsure what to do. I could see the fear in her face. I gave her a slight nod, trying to giver her some sense of assurance. She gave a slight nod back.

The phone rang again. He scowled at it, but didn't move to answer it. After a few rings, I spoke up. 

"Maybe you should see what they want." I told him. "They-"

He grabbed me roughly by my shirt. "Maybe you should hold your tongue and not tell me what to do!" he growled.

I said nothing and he released me before looking over us all. "I need to get us all away from the window." he said. "Cuz I know the'll shoot m without a second thought."

He pushed us all into the living room and onto the couch. Lena sat on one side of me and the girls on the other. 

He stood in the corner, gun still aimed at us.

"What do you want us to call you?" I asked him. I've gotten pretty sick of just calling him..him.

"You," he spat. "Don't have to call me anything because you're not going to be talking to me. Got it?"

I said nothing, only nodded. I'll call him The Man I guess.

The phone rang again. He ignored it.

I sighed. "You can't discuss your terms with them if you don't talk to them." I told him.

The Man glared at me. "I'll do what I want!"

"You can't just sit here forever doing nothing!" I pointed out.

His eyes flashed and he tightened his hand on the trigger. I held my breath. he wasn't actually going to shoot me. Was he?

I released the breath I've been holding as he loosened his grip on the gun and snatched up the phone.

"WHAT?!" he asked loudly into it. He listened for awhile. "A trade? He repeated. "If I release one hostage, you'll get me half the money?" He laughed. "If you only give me half the money, I'll only give you half a hostage." He aimed the gun at Callie and pressed it into her temple. 

She gasped, her eyes widening in horror.

"Hey hey hey, that's not necessary." I said, resting a hand on Callie's arm.

The Man ignored me and kept the gun aimed at Callie, who was visibly shaking. He listened some more before smiling and removing the gun from Callie's head.

"That's what I thought." he said.