Therapy

I'm so sorry it took this long to update! I had so much going on.

(Callie's POV)

So that's how Mariana and I ended up in the car with Stef driving us to therapy. I was not looking forward to this at all but hey, if it helps it'll be worth it.

"Are you guys sure you're up to this?" Stef asked us.

We both nodded.

"Okay. Then here we go."

We pulled into the parking lot and made our way into the building. My heart was beating kinda fast. I didnt want to have to admit in front of a stranger, or Mom and Mariana that I was having a hard time dealing with everything. I just felt so silly. The break-in happened two weeks ago. I should have moved on by now.

We sat in the waiting room, waiting to be called in. When it was our turn I hesitated, debating whether or not I wanted to go in.

Mariana nudged me. "I'm not doing this if you're not."

I sighed, getting to my feet and allowing Mom to lead us into the room.

There was a couch big enough for three people, which is where we sat. Mariana first, then me in the middle, then mom.

"Okay," the therapist said, taking a seat in front of us. She was a tall, attractive woman with dark hair.

"Stef, you had filled me in a little bit. You three are here because someone broke into your house and terrorized you, leaving you afraid and traumatized, correct?"

Wow. She got right to it.

Stef nodded. "Yes that's correct Miss...?"

"You all can call me Lauren."

"Lauren." Stef finished, before continuing.

"Two nights ago was the first night they were able to sleep in their own room and not in our bed. And even then they both slept in Callie's bed with the light on."

"I see." Lauren said, jotting something down in her notepad.

"That's perfectly normal considering what you've been through." She told us. "Would either of you girls like to elaborate on what your mom said?"

I remained silent. After awhile, Mariana spoke up.

"I keep having night terrors." She said. "I'll wake up yelling and crying after dreaming about it."

Lauren nodded. "That's understandable. After you dream about it and wake up, it feels so fresh, like it's happening all over again, huh?"

Mariana nodded.

"What about you Callie?" She asked, turning her attention to me.

I stared at my lap, pretending to brush something off my pants.

"Um... I'm doing better than I did."

Stef looked at me.

"You can tell her the truth, Cal."

"Is she not doing better?" Lauren asked.

"No she is. But it's still effecting her. She wakes up crying too."

"You do?" Mariana asked.

I shifted uncomfortably, before nodding.

"I'm glad I'm not the only one." Mariana said.

"What are your girls' flashbacks about?" Lauren asked us.

I looked at her. "Uh...the intruder?"
I thought that was obvious.