Sleep

Hey guys! I came back to the story to see how it was doing and I decided I wanted to add to it. So here I am haha. Enjoy!!!!

(Stef's POV)

It's been two more days and the girls were STILL sleeping in our bed. They were getting a little better and I hoped they'd be in their own bed tomorrow.

I crawled into bed beside Callie. Mariana was on the other side of her and Lena was on the other side of Mariana. We kept them in the middle of is us so they felt safer.

"I have, like, no room." Mariana complained.

Callie rolled her eyes.

"We really aren't in any position to say anything since we're the reason it's so crowded. She said.

"Took the words right out of my mouth." I told her with a smile.

I reached over beside me and turned out the light, something I wouldn't have been able to do two days ago. I leaned over to give Lena a peck on the lips, before kissing Mariana on the forehead, and then Callie in turn.

"Goodnight my babies." I told them, lying down to go to sleep.

"Night moms." They said, each turning over to try to get to sleep.

(Callie's POV)

"Hey. Callie, are you awake?" I hear Mariana whisper.

I turned to face her. It was about 2 in the morning and I still hadn't fallen asleep.

"Can't sleep either?" She asked.

"No." I told her. "I'm tired but I just can't fall asleep. I'm just so..." My voice trailed off.

"Scared?" Mariana finished.

"Yeah. I muttered." "I know it's stupid and he's not coming. But every time I close my eyes I either see the gun between my eyes, or Moms', or my mind replays you getting shot..."

I felt terrified just thinking about it.

"Me too." Marian whispered.

"What would of...what would have happened if Brandon hadn't come down then?" She asked.

I didn't even want to know. We'd almost definitely all be dead.

"We can't think like that." I told her. "He came down when he did and we're very lucky for that."

Neither of us talked for awhile.

"I'm afraid to go to sleep Callie." Mariana whispered after several minutes. "Every time I fall asleep I wake up screaming."

"I know." I told her. It was always so heartbreaking to see her wake up in such terror like that. I hated that there was nothing I could do, only hug her and assure her that everything was okay.

I didn't tell her that I was the same way. I didn't wake up screaming, but I've jerked awake with silent tears streaming  down my face on several occasions.

I grabbed Mariana's hand.

"We're going to be fine." I told her. "He's locked up and the whole family is okay. And I'm going to be right here when you wake up."

She squeezed my hand.

"Thanks." She said. "I love you."

"I love you too."

(Stef's POV)

I layed, awake, but pretending to sleep, as the girls whispered among each other. They were still so scared and it killed me to know that.