Just Breathe

A special thank you to @Aecmmmmm for helping me with the idea for this chapter! Enjoy! 

(Callie's POV)

He was getting impatient. And I knew that couldn't lead to anything good. He paced in front of us, gun still pointed at us.

"You need to try to calm down." Stef said softly. "You won't be able to think straight in this state of mind."

"DON'T TELL ME WHAT TO DO!" He screamed at her, spit flying from his mouth. 

Stef didn't even flinch.

He continued pacing. "I gotta do something." He mumbled. He turned to us. 

"Why aren't they giving me the things I requested?!" He yelled.

"Because you won't pick up the phone." Stef said simply.

He cursed loudly. "I need them to take me seriously!" He said. He pointed the gun at me. "If I get rid of one of you then maybe they will."

I shrank back, eyes wide.

"Hey there's no need for that!" Stef said.

"Then tell them to give me what I asked!"

"HOW AM I SUPPOSED TO DO THAT?" Stef finally shouted, standing up. "You won't let me leave the house and you won't pick up the damn phone-"

My heart tightened in my chest and I started finding it increasingly difficult to breathe.

The man grabbed Stef roughly by the arm. 

"Shut your mouth!" He told her. "I have the ability to kill your entire family in less than ten seconds!"

I tried to catch my breath, but couldn't. What was going on with me? Why was I having so much trouble breathing?

As Stef and The Man continued to argue, I sat up, quietly trying to suck in a lungful of air. But I was breathing too fast to take a deep breathe. Oh my God I couldn't breathe! Couldn't talk. My vision started getting dark. What the hell?! My breathing came out in quick burst and I still couldn't catch my breathe. I thought I heard someone say my name, but I couldn't tell.

I-I couldn't breathe. My vision kept getting darker and darker from lack of oxygen. I struggled desperately to get some air into my lungs. My head was pounding in my ears. I couldn't hear anything. Then the world went black completely.

*****

(Stef's POV)

"Callie, Love?" I heard someone say from behind me. I turned to see Lena feeling the forehead of an unconscious Callie.

I ripped my arm out of his grip. "What happened?" I asked Lana, who had rested Callie's head in her lap. 

"I think she had a panic attack." Lena said quietly. "I looked over to see her being really fast and then she just...collapsed."

I looked over at the man. 

"Are you pleased with yourself?" I snapped.

He didn't say anything.

"You need to let us go before someone gets hurt." I told him. You are just digging yourself into a bigger hole."

"No!" He yelled at me. "This will work once they cooperate!"

"And if they don't?" 

"Then someone dies." He growls. That'll get their attention."

"NO," I told him. "The second a gunshot goes off, they are going to storm in here and they WON'T hesitate to shoot you."

He jaw clenched, then before I knew it, his gun was firing. I flinched, but the bullet didn't hit me. I heard shrieks from behind me. Dreading what I was about to see, I turned to see Mariana grab her stomach. I watched, horrified, as the blood poured through her fingers.

Sorry this was pretty short, but I decided to leave it there. Hate me all you want! Haha. But are they going to be able to get out of there in time to rescue Mariana? Will they get out at all???