How Hard I Hit

✘✘✘✔✘✘✘✘✘✘✔✘✘✘✘✘

CHAPTER 2: "How Hard I Hit"

Eight years old Sakura tilted her head as she watched a butterfly rest on a flower.

"You must be fascinated with bugs. How do I know? Because I've seen you collect snails and small insects from time to time." A voice behind her said.

Turning around she saw Aburame Shino, a silent classmate of hers that never seemed to talk to anyone else. "You're Shino." She said.

Shino nodded, "Yes. And you're Sakura. How did I know? You always hang out with Naruto."

"You're not wrong." She nodded.

"And, I have observed you. One of your hobbies is to annoy Uchiha Sasuke by besting him in everything, making you the top of our class." He added, "Plus, your hair is very hard to miss once you see it."

Sakura smirked, "I'm impressed."

"I do try my best." He said.

✘✘✘✔✘✘✘✘✘✘✔✘✘✘✘✘

The pinkette sighed as she watched Naruto spar with Sasuke for their Taijutsu period.

"This is very sad to watch." Shino commented beside her. "The blond will lose, no doubt."

"He's strong." She defended as she opened up a book, The Basics of Earth Jutsu, "He just needs to train."

Shino nodded, "Sasuke seems to rely on his speed and reflexes while Naruto relies on his instincts." He observed.

"Sasuke's been trained by his clan, more likely by his brother, so it's no surprise that he has great reflexes." She said.

"But even Sasuke has a weakness." Shino stated as he continued to watch.

"His left side and underneath him." She pointed out.

"And how do you know?"

"How do you think I always managed to win against him?" She rolled her eyes, "Having great reflexes and animal-like instincts are nice, but some fights are just easier to win when you fight smart."

Shino was silent for a moment, "I will keep that in mind." He said.

"Aw, man! I nearly had him!" Naruto groaned as he plopped down in front of Sakura.

"Good fight, Naruto." Shino said.

"Thanks, Shino!" The blond beamed him a smile.

"You'll get him next time, Naruto-kun." Sakura told him, eyes never straying from her book.

"Believe it!" He cheered.

"As congratulations for your effort, I'll treat you to ramen." The pinkette said.

"Alright!! Hey, look! Kiba's next!"

✘✘✘✔✘✘✘✘✘✘✔✘✘✘✘✘

"Freak!"

"Look at your eyes!"

"And you're so small!"

Hyuuga Hinata sobbed as her bullies called her names and teased her.

"You can't even protect yourself!" Watanabe Ami laughed, "And you plan on being a ninja?"

"P-please s-stop!" She cried out.

"Awe, she's crying!" One of Ami's friends teased, "M-maybe we s-should help her?!" He mocked.

"Grow up, Hyuuga!" Ami sneered, "You can't even say one word without stuttering!"