Bright

CHAPTER 8: Bright

---

"Kagemane no Jutsu," Shikamaru said with a smirk, "Complete." He let go of his hands that were previously forming the Rat seal.

"W – What is the meaning of this?!" Gato yelled as he found his body unable to move. "W – Where are my bodyguards? You won't get away from this, kid!"

"Sadly," Asuma smiled as he entered the tycoon's office, "They're incapable of going anywhere as of the moment."

"You'll pay for this!" Gato yelled, "Zabuza! Zabuza!"

"Zabuza is not here." Shino calmly said as he appeared from the window.

"Nor is that accomplice of his." Sakura said as she shunshined beside Shikamaru. She looked at the ugly looking businessman with a grimace before turning to Asuma, "Sensei, three thugs have apparently left to go to the bridge builder's house."

Asuma nodded. He turned to Shino, "Can you get your insects to check if they did anything? In case something went wrong, I'll go immediately."

Shino nodded back and immediately, his bugs appeared from under his jacket and left the office from the open window. "It'll take a while." He said.

"No problem." The jounin said before he turned to look at the frozen businessman, "We have to take care of our mission first."

"W – What do you want from me?" Gato stuttered.

"Our first option is to ask you to abandon the Land of Waves. Your influence has caused the people here nothing but misfortune." Asuma began with a puff of smoke, "The poverty rate here has dropped and even the middle class family can barely afford food for their meal twice a day. Trading has also, with your control, gone down. The villagers can't freely trade their resources because you've kept this whole land under lock."

"It's my business! I can do whatever I want with it."

"Gato Trading isn't a trading business anymore." Shikamaru cut in, "We have substantial evidence that suggests your involvement in drugs and underground smuggling rings."

At this, the businessman gasped in shock. "S – So?"

"If we take this up to the Water Daimyo, your entire 'trading' business could freeze up. Furthermore, your accounts would be handed over to the Daimyo, along with all the property and money under your name." Sakura shrugged.

"You can also end up in civilian prison with a minimum sentence of five years." Shino added, "I'd inform you that ruffians don't like businessmen like you. The guards don't care to whatever happens inside the cells as long as you're still alive."

"When Zabuza gets here - !"

"He won't." Asuma clicked his tongue in frustration, "Don't you realize the situation that you're in?" He gazed at the stubborn tycoon.

"I'll pay you! How much do you want?" Gato was frantic, "I'll pay you to let me go!"

"Pay us?" Sakura frowned. 'Just how dense is this guy?' She thought as she scratched her neck with a gloved hand.

"How much do you want? One million ryo? Three? I'll pay you, just name your price!"

Shikamaru groaned as he placed his hands into his pocket, Gato mirroring his movements. "Troublesome. Sensei," He turned to Asuma, "This guy's being annoying. We should just move on to our other mission."

Asuma was silent for a few moments as he surveyed the crazy businessman. He sighed, "I did say that our first option was to ask you nicely." Gato cracked a small smile in relief, "Our second is to dispose you." He walked towards him.