5.

"What's wrong Erena- those dagger's a bit heavy for you", Fitz's grinning face charged towards her as his sword came crashing down.

Erena dove out of the way just in time and she heard the sword clang on to the rubble of the ring. She grinned back, "What's wrong Fitz- can't control your sword", she heard his roar as he twisted around and charged again.
This time she was ready, she dove forward and the clash of his sword on her daggers echoed in to the cold air.

It felt like an age that their legs danced around each other, narrowly escaping the edges of each other's weapons. Fitz roared again and aimed his sword at her neck but Erena moved to the side and watched as Fitz charged past. She exhaled heavily and a trail of sweat rolled down her neck as she raised her daggers and ran towards him with a shout. She nearly had him but at the instant her daggers would have pierced his skin, he abruptly veered to his left and came back at her with his sword half raised.

The move surprised her and she let out a cry as she swivelled around to avoid his sword but it came at a cost. Her left foot wound around her right leg and she braced herself for the impact as she fell.

It never came and she opened her eyes to find Fitz's glowing blue eyes grinning down at her. His arm was curled around her shoulders and she could feel the muscles of his am tighten as he held her. He gave a small laugh and she could smell the minty smell of his breath, "looks like I win Erena", his voice was good-natured and he laughed out loud again at the glint of challenge in her eyes.

"In your dreams- you just caught me by surprise", Erena rolled her eyes as her eyes caught on the hollows of his cheeks.

"Just kiss each other already".

Fitz jumped back at the words and Erena saw the flush on his cheeks as she gave a yelp. This time she wasn't ready for the impact. Sand drifted in to her mouth as soon as she collided with the grainy ground and she rolled in to a sitting position with a murderous look on her face. Fitz mirrored her expression as he glared at the owner of the voice but Tyrone wore a grin as he whooped from the edge of the ring.

Most of the class were laughing at Tyrone's remark as they watched from the edge of the fighting ring and even the weapons-master Gerald was trying to hide a chuckle. Erena's eyes snapped towards the small brunette standing on the edge of the ring, Tia wore a crushed look on her face and her gaze was fixed on Fitz's tall figure. Erena felt a pang of shame burrow inside her and she, too, gave Tyrone a glare. She grunted as she jumped up and brushed the dirt off her trousers. Fitz was still glaring at Tyrone across from her.

"Don't be so vulgar Tyrone", Fitz's voice growled.

"Okay that's enough- looks like we've had our share of entertainment for today", Master Gerald called with a clap of his hands, "Tyrone since you seem to be in such a good mood today - you and Lina can go next".

The still grinning Tyrone swaggered his way in to the ring and gave a pat on Fitz shoulder as he passed the blonde boy. He swore out loud as Fitz punched him in the shoulder in return with a lilt to his mouth, "Master Gerald-", Tyrone's voice whined but the weapons master merely gave a shrug of his shoulder and told them to continue with a wave of his hands.

"Ignore Tyrone", Fitz whispered to her as they walked towards the edge of the ring. She nodded in agreement and swept her hand across her brow. Tyrone growled behind them and the sound of sword on sword rang loud across the small arena.

When they reached the edge of the ring, Erena watched as Fitz put an arm around an eager Tia and pull her close. She almost felt a pang of yearning as she watched Tia smile up at the blue eyed boy in utter adoration and she forcedly dragged her eyes back towards the fighting duo in the centre of the ring. Tyrone lashed down on Lina like a beast and the tall girl looked barely able to fend off the attacks. Though her eyes were fixed on the fighting, Erena's mind was drifting as she thought of clear blue eyes and lean biceps.

She shook her head at the thought feeling disgusted at herself but couldn't help her eyes as she stole a glance towards Fitz. Immediately she turned away as she watched him lean down to whisper something in Tia's ear and the small brunette started to giggle unabashedly. She grimaced, she didn't know why thoughts of Fitz were plaguing her but the more time they'd spent together recently the more she couldn't deny how heavy the thoughts had become. It was ridiculous really, Fitz didn't have any interest in her and she didn't have any interest in him either, not the romantic kind anyhow. She steeled herself, burying the treacherous thoughts deep and turned her mind to the fight. Lina edged further back as Tyrone gave another roar.

"You okay", Fitz's voice made her turn back quickly and she feigned a smile as she looked in to his worried gaze.

His face was the sort of face that showed every feeling that ran through him and she could see the darkening of his blue eyes and the tensed frown line marking his jaw as he looked at her, "Yeah- just worried about how Lina's fending", she pointed at the fighting duo.

The statement wasn't exactly a lie, Lina wasn't faring very well and cried out as the edge of Tyrone's sword nearly caught the edge of her knee.

"Yeah- Tyrone should take it easy on her", Fitz's expression tightened as he watched the fighting.

"What- like you were taking it easy on me".

Fitz's eyes widened as his face swung back to her and he let out a loud laugh, "you're the one that challenged me last night". His eyes shone with mirth as Erena rolled her eyes, "have you forgotten that little detail".

"What were you two doing last night", Tia's sullen voice made them turn to her instantly.