2.

"Erena-".

She blinked and her eyes focussed, she was back. Her thoughts were in a jumble, the laughing voice all too loud in her mind. She was back, exactly where she'd been before, crouched in front of the creature she'd just killed. Her knife was firmly wedged between it's eyes and it's heart lay, still, in her hand.

"Erena", Mira's voice demanded, "Erena- what happened".

Erena looked at the girl, a few strands of Mira's ginger hair had come lose from her plait and she stared at the flowing pieces as she tried to clear her head.

"I- I don't know", Erena replied.

There was a silence as the other girl just looked at her disbelievingly, "what do you mean- you just went completely still after you tore that thing's heart out". Mira pointed at the grotesque undead in front of her.

It's eyes were open, the murky red of it's irides dilated in death. It's snout, like that of a pig, lay open in a silent scream and it's human-like body was crumpled so it resembled a newborn baby. She dropped the heart in disgust and wiped her bloodied hands on the back of her tunic, thankful the black wool hid any red stains.

"I had a vision- I think", Erena gulped and saw the other girl's eyes widen.

After a tense silence had settled on them. Mira coughed uncomfortably, "Let's get back to Caleb", and with that she strode off across the snow covered forest towards the large mansion in the distance.

Erena waited a second, looking at the dead beast but her mind only saw the murky dungeons of her vision and she shivered as an icy wind blew across the trees. The wind broke her out of the thoughts and ice crunched beneath her feet as she ran to catch up with the ginger girl.