Chapter 4

The drive was absolute silence but it was comfortable in a weird way. The drive was long. I opened my mouth a few times to speak but decided against it. We pulled up in this huge house.

That's an understatement I would say. It has trees perfectly lined up along the driveway. It was modern with sharp lines in the house. It was mostly black and white with a few grey parts. Overall it was amazing. It's probably cost more than my whole future!

We parked and I got out to gawk at the house closer. I think I was staring at it for a little too long because Damon cleared his throat and I blushed in embarrassment. He motioned me to follow him and I did, well-tried I almost fell but before I could feel the impact I felt a pair of warm arms catch me and pick me up bridal style. I felt a blush rising. I didn't look into his eyes because if I did I don't know if I could look away.

I could feel his eye gaze at me. Studying me. I wasn't uncomfortable though. It felt nice you could say."Tinker bell look at me." He said it as a demand.

I didn't do it though. "Tinker Bell," he said softly something about the way he said it made him sound so vulnerable so kind, I had to look up. I looked him in the eyes and I felt my heart being tugged. Something flashed in them. I'm not sure what but I want to know.

"That wasn't that hard was it?" He kind of whispered it. I couldn't speak I just nodded. I had my arms around his neck and I could feel the tension.

I hadn't even noticed that we were inside. "Put me down." and he did exactly that. He set me on a long L couch it was a beige color. It was very comfy.

I looked up and He was gone. So I stood up slowly actually keeping my balance and started to look around. There were a couple of pictures so I started to look at them.

One was a picture of a family with a younger version of Damon and his parents that are a spitting image of Damon. They looked happy. I ran my fingers across it. I wish my family was like that. I wish..  "Enjoy snooping?" my eyes snapped his direction. I blushed immediately.

What the actual fudge is wrong with me, I apparently can't keep own expressions in line. I'm suppose to be "unreadable.' I roll my eyes internally.

"I'm sorry I didn't mean to intrude but you left me unattended and I was curious." I shot back. He chuckled and shook his head.

"You sure are something." this time I laughed. "Yeah human." He had aspirin and a glass of water. I took it immediately.

My head was throbbing. Remind me not to drink again. He rolled his eyes. He took my hand and lead me upstairs.

"I'm not sleeping with you," I said to him. I saw him smirk and I don't think I was supposed to hear this but he said "Not yet." I rolled my eyes at that.

We entered what looked like a bedroom. His to be exact. It has no posters or pictures. The walls were dark blue with artwork on it. "Did you do those drawings on the wall?"

There was a drawing of an eye with a man and woman holding each other while crying. I know it had a deeper meaning than meets the eye and another with someone holding a rose while the thorns cut Piercing the skin. They were amazing. "Yeah, I got bored."

"When I'm bored I call my best friend or read, not draw a masterpiece," I replied back. He completely ignored my comment.

" Oh um here are some clothes for you to change into." He said while setting them on the bed, scratching his head in an awkward kind of. "I'm not sure if they will fit but the sweat pants have draw strings and the shirt well might be a little big." He chuckled the last part 

" Thank you, really you went out of your way for me and I've treated you like shit."

I really meant this he has nothing but helps me. He didn't say anything but his actions were something I didn't expect especially for the way he was acting.

He pushed me up against the wall and stared at me in the eyes until I spoke. " Damon what are you doing?" my heart was beating so fast and loud. 

My breathing was shaky. "I deserve it." He paused while i held my breathe for what felt like hours but was only a mere few second. "You're different. You're doing something, I'm not sure what but stop it right now. Don't say sorry for being mean to me. Make me hate you. Because I don't know how to hate you. I should but I don't."

This hurt my heart I don't know why though." Why?"

 I spoke so softly I'm surprised he heard me at all. He didn't answer. I did something I shouldn't of but I did. I put my hand on his cheek and me being so much shorter I had to look up at him.

" I'm not going to make you hate me for no reason." He still doesn't say anything but put his head in my neck and I could feel his hot breath on me.

I flinched at first but then relaxed knowing he isn't like him, but isn't that what I thought of them as well?

It sent shivers down my back. I wrapped my arms around his neck and just stayed silent enjoying the feeling of just someone holding me with nohidden agenda. I didn't know what was going on with him or what was wrong. 

"What's wrong?" I decided to ask which was obviously the wrong move because that's when he let go and spoke as if nothing happened. "Nothing is wrong. We should get some sleep and you smell good." 

Great, he is back.. I felt myself blush. "You're also cute when you blush."  Which made me blush even harder. I hid my face in my hands. He grabbed my hand's mouth "Don't hide". "I just nodded.

"You have the bed I'll sleep on the couch."

No, I felt bad. " No, it's your house. I'll take the couch." 

"No." He said almost immediately. I crossed my arms and he raised his eyebrow. I challenged him with my eyes.

I started going down the stairs that he lead us up. I got all the way downs stairs to the couch. I turned around and he was there he smirked and threw me over his shoulders."PUT ME DOWN!" I screamed but it was no use in seconds I was on the bed.

Out of reflex, I grabbed him to stop my fall. He lost his balance and fell on top of me. I was laughing and he pushed his hands up to steady him and he looked into my eyes with a real smile on his face. I was smiling to appreciating this moment until I realized our position

I tried to push him up I wasn't strong enough. He was full of amusement in his eyes. Enjoying watching me struggle with him.

He lends down and whispered in a husky voice "I like this position Tinker bell." I shivered at his words. I put my hands on his chest and pushed again but he didn't budge.

"You know what I like?" I said very very low. "What?" I could see the lust in his eyes. "My space" I said and pushed him off because he was shocked and he landed on the floor with a  yelp

I was literally crying because of laughter. He glared at me and he got up and glared at me. He started to leave but I had a weird feeling. "Damon." He stopped at the door frame. "Hmm?" he said. I don't know what I'm saying but it was said.

"Can you stay with me?" He turned around and looked at me. "Of course." He came up to me and laid next to me. I put my head on his chest and his around me and I felt safer than I have ever felt. I closed my eyes and thought to myself.

"Damon?" I asked in the darkness and silence, I could hear the steady beat of his heart in my hears.

"Hmm?" He replied in return, sounding like he was on the verge of sleep. Curiosity got the best of me at the moment.

"What's behind the drawing." I asked shakily scared to ruin the peace. I felt him tense underneath me and mentally yelled at myself.

"Let's just say those people in the drawing are the reason why I don't date. They ruined my view of love. It expresses the moment I felt when my world crashed down." He said blankly with no emotion.

I just nodded and got myself more comfortable and thought, This means nothing it's simply me not wanting to be alone in a stranger's house. That I barely knew. He means nothing to me..  With that thought left in my head, I quickly fell asleep